U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old Yesterday, 06:42 PM

2 posts, read 52 times

Advertisements

4500 ft elevation probably means 10 degrees cooler in the summer. Is it also booming with new homes?
At 7am, how is the commute to
Veterinary Specialty Center Tucson
4909 N La Cañada Dr, Tucson, AZ?
thanks
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 09:24 PM

14,811 posts, read 3,982,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtbmitch2 View Post
4500 ft elevation probably means 10 degrees cooler in the summer. Is it also booming with new homes?
At 7am, how is the commute to
Veterinary Specialty Center Tucson
4909 N La Cañada Dr, Tucson, AZ?
thanks

I lived there for a little over a year before we moved to Texas. It is cooler than Tucson and gets more rain the summer and some snow in the winter. When I lived there it seemed that Oracle Road through Oro Valley had endless road projects that slowed the commute down. You are looking at 40 minutes each way or more.

As far as new construction there is that in Saddlebrook west. It is lower elevation than Oracle. Elevations similar to Tucson or Catalina. Oracle has mostly acre plus lots and homes are spread out.

There is lots of wildlife. Javalinas, Coyotes, Deer, Tarantulas, etc.

Old Today, 06:54 AM

3,497 posts, read 7,843,645 times
I go trail running and hiking in Oracle a fair amount. Nice place to visit for a few hours, but wouldn't want to live there. The only place to buy staple items in Oracle are a dollar store and a couple of convenience stores. You'll be driving down to Catalina for the closest grocery store (which also tends to be the most expensive chain) or all the way to Oro Valley for all the other shopping you need like Target, Home Depot, etc...

Now if you are trying to get away from people and want peace & quiet, Oracle is great location.

It's a solid 40 minute drive with current road conditions. There is an upcoming two year road project to repave and improve Oracle Road and that is basically the only way into town from Oracle. Could turn that 40 minutes into an hour or more for the next few years.

Old Today, 10:02 AM

495 posts, read 677,588 times
There are many artists who live there. It is very lovely. I love going up for open studios in the spring. But make no mistake it is not convenient to shopping. Closer to Phoenix though if you go there a lot. I would love to live there but it is too far away for me.

Old Today, 06:43 PM

14,811 posts, read 3,982,494 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertaWa View Post
There are many artists who live there. It is very lovely. I love going up for open studios in the spring. But make no mistake it is not convenient to shopping. Closer to Phoenix though if you go there a lot. I would love to live there but it is too far away for me.

Its not really closer to Phoenix. Its at least 90 miles to Phoenix and probably 40 to downtown Tucson.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson