U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-24-2021, 02:43 PM

157 posts, read 339,028 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowers27 View Post
The Green Valley News email on Tuesday had a piece on a new report ranking the 25 most dangerous highways in the United States, calculated by fatalities per mile. I-19 was ranked 9th out of 25.

"The ranking is based on the number of traffic fatalities between 2016 and 2019 compared to the length of the road. The I-19 is only 63 miles long, the shortest road in the top 10, and there were 40 fatalities during the study period."

I'm not sure why this stretch of road has so many fatalities, but this is a reminder to drive defensively.
My sister and I are both moving next month, she bought a house Sahuarita and I bought in Green Valley.
Is there a safer route between these two cities?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-24-2021, 03:11 PM

741 posts, read 632,904 times
The locals on this thread will give the best answers. If you bought in Green Valley, you've probably already driven some of the surface streets -- which can take a bit longer but will get you there. Although I've read posts here about fender benders on these streets also. Looking forward to reading what the others here say.

Old 05-24-2021, 04:28 PM

157 posts, read 339,028 times
We were there briefly with a realtor showing us around, so no we did not become
familiar with the roads. (Relocating from Idaho) If I show her this post, she will never
come visit me! LOL

Old 05-24-2021, 05:46 PM

552 posts, read 801,507 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by lesharona View Post
My sister and I are both moving next month, she bought a house Sahuarita and I bought in Green Valley.
Is there a safer route between these two cities?
We often go down to Tubac from Tucson and we try staying off 19 as much as possible. So we take South Nogales Highway and we go past Sahuarita and Green Valley. Once we get to Green Valley we have to get onto 19. It is a pretty ride though the pecan groves.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson