U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2021, 12:10 PM

741 posts, read 573,170 times

Advertisements

Javelina are just a part of life in the part of Green Valley where I live. I am always happy to see them, but I do not want them in the garage! And the one guy who got a drink, he steps in the water tub and looks at me like "so what are ya gonna do about it"? It was pretty funny to me!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnuAAtz8Ui0
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2021, 03:40 PM

390 posts, read 225,608 times
Your cat Blaze in the window is adorable! I like how the one is looking longingly at the water, then has a drink, and then steps right in. They are funny characters. Your truck bed was the perfect safe place to watch them from too.

Old 05-02-2021, 05:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowers27 View Post
Your cat Blaze in the window is adorable! I like how the one is looking longingly at the water, then has a drink, and then steps right in. They are funny characters. Your truck bed was the perfect safe place to watch them from too.
The javelina are not the only characters around, Blaze The Wondercat is quite the character himself! He loves to window hunt. He is an extremely fearless hunter from inside the house! Yes, Blaze spooking them in a a release from the scent gland made me aware of them coming around the house, and I remembered that I had left the garage door open, so on the way through the house to close the garage door, I grabbed my camera, went through the garage and hit the "close" button, and hopped in to the back of my truck while the javelina were just on the other side of it. It worked out perfectly to get the garage door closed and to safely get some video of the javelina visit!!!

The one who stepped in the water tub, I am not sure what was going on there, but I thought it was pretty cute!!!

Old Today, 12:28 AM

7,688 posts, read 7,376,541 times
Do you let Blaze the Wonder Cat outside? Seems there's a huge tide of aggravation in several of the places we've lived since 2010 regarding anger towards cats outside and the owners that let them outside. In Elko, NV, our next door neighbor's cat was hit by a car. She asked my wife if I could pick him up.

I did, and I offered to bury him, too, but she stopped me there and said she would do that. Awful to go through, her cat was gorgeous and such a good boy. There are scads and scads of horrible drivers these days. And they're addicted to many different things that make driving difficult for them, yet, they still insist on driving.

Old Today, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post
Do you let Blaze the Wonder Cat outside? Seems there's a huge tide of aggravation in several of the places we've lived since 2010 regarding anger towards cats outside and the owners that let them outside. In Elko, NV, our next door neighbor's cat was hit by a car. She asked my wife if I could pick him up.

I did, and I offered to bury him, too, but she stopped me there and said she would do that. Awful to go through, her cat was gorgeous and such a good boy. There are scads and scads of horrible drivers these days. And they're addicted to many different things that make driving difficult for them, yet, they still insist on driving.
Blaze The Wonder Cat is an inside only boy. He is also a one animal only home boy. He had been returned to Paws Patrol a couple of time as he could not get along well with other animals. Thankfully, he has a good forever home now, and we are glad he is part of our family! As I mentioned, he does not go outside at all, doesn't even try, but he is an epic window hunter!!!

Old Today, 09:45 AM

Blaze The Wonder Cat is an inside only boy. He is also a one animal only home boy. He had been returned to Paws Patrol a couple of time as he could not get along well with other animals. Thankfully, he has a good forever home now, and we are glad he is part of our family! As I mentioned, he does not go outside at all, doesn't even try, but he is an epic window hunter!!!

I'm so thankful Blaze found you, Bart. You're what he needed!

Old Today, 10:15 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by elkotronics View Post

I'm so thankful Blaze found you, Bart. You're what he needed!
Actually, it is what my wife needed (and me). We lost our dog of 13 years, and shortly after that my wife lost both of her parents in a span of 8 months. Blaze The Wonder Cat has been a gift to us. I am glad we all found each other!!!

Old Today, 02:15 PM

Actually, it is what my wife needed (and me). We lost our dog of 13 years, and shortly after that my wife lost both of her parents in a span of 8 months. Blaze The Wonder Cat has been a gift to us. I am glad we all found each other!!!

Bingo! As an animal lover, I'm always happy ta see people in loving relationships with animals. Animal welfare seems to be so easy for too many people to overlook. I'm glad you guys all found each other.

BTW - last night, I found NatGeo channel on my streaming TV package. Wow - I'm from the Seattle area and they were doing an hour-long program on the Olympic Peninsula, which occupies the NW corner of Washington state. Or you could say the western 1/4 of Washington state. The Olympic National Park is large. They showed a lighthouse getting harassed by the Pacific Ocean, and, they showed all of these Mirr birds - they look like penguins but have wings enabling them to fly, not just swim. Their eggs come out in a shape that allows them to not roll off of ledges. They're pear-shaped. They're actually on rock ledges and parts of the lighthouse that stick out from the cylinder where they can lay their eggs in relative safety from predators. They showed the mama Mirr's taking care of their babies for a while. The babies are adorable. Then they showed the bald-headed eagles swoop down and rob them of their babies and small mirr's. I looked up this name and can't find it so I must have the name of the bird wrong.

But it was interesting TV. Also, they showed the Roosevelt Elk heading to the mountaintops to mate, and the bears foraging for food (berries) before they go in to hibernation. Very educational program!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: