Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-11-2008, 03:02 PM

34 posts, read 120,077 times

Advertisements

I will be relocating to Tucson in the summer just because the school I want my son to go to has accepted him. I have visited in the winter and I've liked it. I would love to hear from parets out there, specially Waldorf parents.
Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-11-2008, 05:51 PM

1,627 posts, read 6,502,387 times
I posted a question asking about experiences with tucson waldorf and did not get any responses. If you hear anything, please let me know. I am very interested!!

I would also love to hear what you think about Tucson Waldorf. I'm investigating it from afar, so have not been there in person, but am very familiar with Waldorf philosophy.

Old 05-11-2008, 06:23 PM

34 posts, read 120,077 times
Hi frogandtoad,
Where are you located? I am in San Diego now.

I have yet to see the school I have only read about it and talked to the Director. The Waldorf school my son got into is a Charter. I could not afford a private one even if I sold all my organs. So far I have been homeschooling using the Christopherus Curriculum
but as a single mom I rather him go to school. I have had very little luck meeting other HS Waldorfers in San Diego, seems to me that only if we belong to a school we can meet other like-minded people.
I am basing my move solely on where my son can go to a Waldorf charter. I would prefer to not live in the desert and to have my son start kindergarden at age 6 but there are waiting lists on every charter so something has to give.
Anyway I'll keep you posted!!

Old 05-12-2008, 07:31 AM

1,627 posts, read 6,502,387 times
Hi Karlaking,
We're East coast right now. Had to leave AZ b/c of a transfer but are hoping to get back!! I haven't looked into the Waldorf charter; have just been researching Tucson Waldorf so far. I do think it's a great idea to join the community to meet like-minded folk. There are so many things which bring that group together through a Waldorf school that they are very tight-knit. Great when you're part of that community, but not so easy when you're not!

As for the desert, some love it and some hate it but I will say that I LOVED it. I hope you do too and San Diego is merely a few hours away...perfect for a long weekend!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: