U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2021, 10:38 PM

814 posts, read 681,172 times

Advertisements

I have not seen the hawk chick since 6/13/2021 and it looked quite healthy at that time. I have looked in the nest almost daily, and in near by trees as well and not seen it. It could be that I am just not seeing the hawks, but the last time I saw anyone at the nest was 6/20/2021, and that appeared to be momma. The week after the 13th was a horribly hot week with every day over 110 degrees, so I am not sure if this was too much for the young hawk, or if it fledged, and is living somewhere close by. I sure hope the latter scenario is the case!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j5dKDD7TWXw
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old Yesterday, 12:10 PM

456 posts, read 288,948 times
The baby looks to be as tall as the mother when they're both standing there in the nest. Hopefully it tried its wings and flew away. When mother was eating, she didn't share her food with baby this time. Maybe baby was old enough that she wanted it to start hunting. Have enjoyed watching baby and mother - I hope all turned out OK but maybe we won't know (or maybe you'll see it around your neighborhood). Thank you, Bart, for the update.

Old Today, 02:05 PM

814 posts, read 681,172 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowers27 View Post
The baby looks to be as tall as the mother when they're both standing there in the nest. Hopefully it tried its wings and flew away. When mother was eating, she didn't share her food with baby this time. Maybe baby was old enough that she wanted it to start hunting. Have enjoyed watching baby and mother - I hope all turned out OK but maybe we won't know (or maybe you'll see it around your neighborhood). Thank you, Bart, for the update.
Like you wildflowers27, I also hope for the best for this chick and family. I also noticed Momma did not share. It could be that the chick already ate, or it could be that Momma needed one meal for herself to keep going. All I can say for sure is that it was a pleasure to be able to record and share as much video of this family that I was able to!!! Thanks for watching and your comments!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: