Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-27-2022, 04:03 PM

1,373 posts, read 1,809,673 times

Advertisements

These are some wildlife encounters I have had in Green Valley, AZ while on my walks with the exception of one which was with javelina while driving to work. The last encounter was with a 5' gopher snake while on a walk this morning 4/27/22. You just never know what you are going to see if you just get out there. Yesterday, I saw a badger cross La Canada from the east side to the center median. It happened so quickly, I did not have time to get a picture, let alone any video, but I swear this happened. Anyhow, this is what wildlife you can expect to see if you get out for a walk in the Acres/Foothills neighborhoods on a regular basis. If you do not have time to watch the whole video, please watch as much as you can, then skip to the end to see a magnificent gopher snake!!! About 2 minutes after my encounter with the gopher snake, a car came through that would have possibly run over the snake if it was still in the road. I am really glad I stayed until it was completely off the road.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZUaxqvj0Ak
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-29-2022, 09:18 AM

806 posts, read 849,800 times
I remember you said the formal name for these javelinas is Collared Peccary. Can really see their white collar in this video. Glad the gopher snake made it safely across the street!

Old 04-29-2022, 09:51 PM

10,135 posts, read 6,562,973 times
I used to think of Arizona as an inhospitable place, that was lifeless. Your video's prove otherwise. Thanks for posting up.

Old 05-01-2022, 05:52 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildflowers27 View Post
I remember you said the formal name for these javelinas is Collared Peccary. Can really see their white collar in this video. Glad the gopher snake made it safely across the street!
Thanks for watching and your comment wildflowers27! I hope you enjoyed the video.

Old 05-01-2022, 05:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by NORTY FLATZ View Post
I used to think of Arizona as an inhospitable place, that was lifeless. Your video's prove otherwise. Thanks for posting up.
I can see how you might think that NORTY FLATZ, the environment is on the rugged side. I am glad the video may have help change your mind! Thanks for watching and the comment!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: