Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-31-2022, 06:38 PM

120 posts, read 132,340 times

Advertisements

Hello to all,
I was just wondering what is your favorite restaurant in Tucson and what restaurant you think is the most overrated. My favorites in Tucson are The Little One at Stone Ave and Alameda St, and The Parish at Oracle Rd and Orange Grove Rd. I think the most overrated restaurants in Tucson are El Chorro Cafe at N Court Ave and W Franklin St, and the rest of them are bad as well, and Basils at N Swan Rd and E Sunrise Dr.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-01-2022, 05:16 AM

3,822 posts, read 9,477,031 times
I would concur with The Parish, I live in NW Tucson and we go there about once a month. Don't think I've ever had a bad meal there.

Plus would probably agree on El Charro as well. Sure it has some history, but it's basically the same type of bland Mexican food you'd get at places like the Tee Pee up in Phoenix.

Old 08-01-2022, 09:00 AM

10,896 posts, read 7,389,984 times
I just ate at El Charro for the first time and loved it.
Our favorite is Istanbul, with Turkish food. yum.

I'd like to find a good Thai place. We've tried at least 4 and been disappointed. Same thing with Chinese. Probably because we used to live in California and then Hawaii, with loads of good Asian food, my standards are high.

Old 08-01-2022, 10:45 AM

16,393 posts, read 30,282,333 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by steiconi View Post
I'd like to find a good Thai place. We've tried at least 4 and been disappointed. Same thing with Chinese. Probably because we used to live in California and then Hawaii, with loads of good Asian food, my standards are high.

Dobson Rd. in Mesa is a better bet than Tucson.

Old 08-01-2022, 05:15 PM

92 posts, read 112,368 times
We tried Trident Grill for the first time about two weeks ago. Very underwhelming. Food and service was barely average, so not worth the price. Not likely we will go back.

Tried Casa Molina Del Norte on Campbell yesterday. Both the food and the service was great! Will definitely go back if in the area.

Tried The Parish about a month ago. The service was very good, but the food was merely OK. Perhaps it is because we lived near New Orleans for a short time, and got used to real Cajun/Creole prepared in the mother country. Still though, it was better than Trident, so we might try it again if in the area. But we certainly won't be making a special trip just to eat there.

Old 08-01-2022, 06:58 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,063,176 times
re: Chinese......Tucson has traditionally had no good Chinese place.....a rep that has existed for years......lots of average/ok places, though......

it's a poor city, but it seems every decent-to-excellent place in the entire city is packed on a Friday or Saturday......

Old 08-17-2022, 05:37 PM

120 posts, read 132,340 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caladan View Post
We tried Trident Grill for the first time about two weeks ago. Very underwhelming. Food and service was barely average, so not worth the price. Not likely we will go back.

Tried Casa Molina Del Norte on Campbell yesterday. Both the food and the service was great! Will definitely go back if in the area.

Tried The Parish about a month ago. The service was very good, but the food was merely OK. Perhaps it is because we lived near New Orleans for a short time, and got used to real Cajun/Creole prepared in the mother country. Still though, it was better than Trident, so we might try it again if in the area. But we certainly won't be making a special trip just to eat there.
Psst: try the bacon popcorn at The Parish. It is the best thing you will ever taste. So good.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson