Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-25-2008, 04:10 PM

9 posts, read 24,247 times

Advertisements

I have been trying to find some information on rentals in south central Tucson area. The recommended neighborhoods I got were Rita Ranch, Sahuarita, and Midvale Park. While they look like nice areas, they are kind of spendy - we are looking for a little cheaper rent than $1000/month. We are also interested in something out of town a little, but not totally isolated - where we live now we have a big yard, but about an acre and a half surrounding the house - something like that would be great!

Any suggestions of where to look for less expensive, but safe housing would be greatly appreciated. We are in the unfortunate position of probably not really being able to see the place until we get there. Ugh.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2008, 10:40 PM

Jeez people, throw me a bone!

Old 05-30-2008, 09:03 AM

529 posts, read 2,394,427 times
Well, Rita Ranch is much more SE that South, and Sahuarita is more like extended south. In terms of prices, I would stick to Apartments for Rent and Resources for Finding Apartment Rentals Nationwide - ForRent.com or Apartments for Rent and Homes for Rent, those might also have reviews.

There are numerous threads about crime statistics (maps/types/etc) on the forum, just do a search and they should pop up.

Hope this helps!

Old 05-30-2008, 02:57 PM

Thanks, Michael.

So, my issue is that Rita Ranch and Sahuarita are spendy! We were hoping for more of the $600-700 range as the top. I know that is going to be hard to find, from my searches, in the North or these two areas. Any other suggestions?

We are by no means "snobby" and don't mind working class neighborhoods, we just don't want to end up in the ghetto with people breaking into our houses or cars (that said, we are smart enough not to leave our purses and phones in the car, too!). We currently live in a part of town in Knoxville that many would consider kind of white-trash, but we like it. People are nice and if you use common sense you don't have problems.

We also are just beyond that "collegey" age and don't really want that environment. We don't mind normal neighborhood noise, but the whole partying until 3am and loud music/loud people thing is something we'd like to avoid.

If anyone has any other ideas for neighborhoods, let me know. Also, I have a hard time finding sites where you can search for places by neighborhood so if you know of sites like that it would be a big help.

Thanks!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: