Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-02-2008, 07:47 PM

67 posts, read 292,047 times

Advertisements

We've determined these are our top choices of neighborhoods. However, there are no homes available that meet our needs at this time. Anyone know of someone who is thinking of selling in either of these neighborhoods? We need 4+ BR approx. 3,000 sq ft and prefer 3 car garage.

(Civano Northridge has new const. homes to suit, but there are power lines in the rear, so those are out)

OR...anyone who has a (short term) rental for us in this area if we wait for a home to be built. In this case we could do 3BR.

Thanks for your help!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-02-2008, 09:12 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,017,881 times
SierraAZ... I think you're being called.

I love the Civano neighborhood, but that was too rich for my blood (or bank account).

Old 05-02-2008, 10:33 PM

529 posts, read 2,393,361 times
Hi galove,

Just ran a quick MLS search on the input you gave, there are several existing homes in Civano for sale (recently built of course), but I'm not sure if you have already seen those.

Nothing coming up in Sierra Morado, as you noted. Only found 1 rental in Civano (searched in Sierra Morado too) but it's just over 2k square feet, probably too small for your needs

Old 05-02-2008, 11:23 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
SierraAZ... I think you're being called.

I love the Civano neighborhood, but that was too rich for my blood (or bank account).
Actually, many houses in Civano are not that expensive provided you operate on two incomes...

Old 05-02-2008, 11:34 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by galove View Post
We've determined these are our top choices of neighborhoods. However, there are no homes available that meet our needs at this time. Anyone know of someone who is thinking of selling in either of these neighborhoods? We need 4+ BR approx. 3,000 sq ft and prefer 3 car garage.

(Civano Northridge has new const. homes to suit, but there are power lines in the rear, so those are out)

OR...anyone who has a (short term) rental for us in this area if we wait for a home to be built. In this case we could do 3BR.

Thanks for your help!
When I first looked into this area in '05 Pepper Viner was building bigger houses in the original Civano. Right now Ducette is finishing up Civano along Drexel, but I'd imagine they're not stupid enough to be building specs (I mean, they must be sold)... Pulte does build bigger houses in Sierra Morado - Pulte Homes - Sierra Morado - Las Haciendas - but they're not enormous by any means. The biggest one is a little over 3,000 sq.ft. It ain't UT here... Neither neighborhood is really known for McMansions. Pulte's future phases are moving towards the powerlines, though...

As far as rentals, I've seen quite a few in both neighborhoods while driving, but again... none of the houses are huge.

Old 05-02-2008, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael krotchie View Post
Nothing coming up in Sierra Morado, as you noted. Only found 1 rental in Civano (searched in Sierra Morado too) but it's just over 2k square feet, probably too small for your needs
Pulte had at least 3 listings in Sierra Morado a couple of days ago (haven't looked in the next price range) - probably inventory. I'd hope not specs... because that will personally upset me more than I'm already upset... That's just FYI. There are resales, too, but OP is searching for much bigger houses.

Old 05-03-2008, 11:31 AM

67 posts, read 292,047 times
Thanks for the input. There are some on the MLS in Sierra Morado that will work for us, but they are just beginning to clear the lots for those so they are a few months away from being finished. Looks like we will be waiting for one of those. I was hoping someone had a neighbor or friend who was thinking of selling in one of these areas...the closing for our home in GA is May 30th and I would love to be able to move right in and get settled. Keep me posted if you come across any rentals with 3 BR, even if it's small. I'd like the kids to meet neighborhood kids before school starts.

Old 05-03-2008, 12:05 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,017,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Actually, many houses in Civano are not that expensive provided you operate on two incomes...
I'm just going by some that we saw back in the summer when we were still looking. We were driving through and grabbed some fliers for a few houses for sale... they were definitely out of our price range. I'm sure there are some that we could swing (especially now w/prices dropping), but we're already settled way out west.

Old 05-29-2008, 10:23 PM

1 posts, read 6,603 times
Talking have you found a place yet?

Never been on one of these sites before. Don't really know the rules of use, but I think I may be able to help you if you haven't found a home yet. I have a 3/2 bath house with a pool in Rita Ranch, which is very close to Civano and even closer to Sierra Morado, for rent. Preferrably on a short term lease. If you are interested I will give you more details. It's even possible to rent it furnished. Great time to be able to swim in the privacy of your own back yard. The house is currently up for sale, but I don't think that it's big enough for you on a permanent basis, but great for a short term hop! Don't know if email addresses are allowed on these things, but here goes. [EMAIL="castlerockkings@cox.net"]castlerockkings@cox.net[/EMAIL].
Hope this helps
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson