Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-03-2007, 11:24 PM

9 posts, read 50,488 times

Advertisements

i live in sedona, have a house and business,but am tired of the lack of night-life and shallow dating pool. I am trying to experiment with living both places seasonally. I started going to Tucson to play @ 2 years ago, and have had great fun. I grew up in Houston, and lived in Seattle for 6 years. I have met great people in Tucson, , find it almost as creative and kinda like Austin, but with beautiful areas in every direction.(the real west)...It is a great music city, and for me seems to have 10 times more talent local and touring than Phoenix....i am shocked to hear people prefer Phoenix as a cultural city. Phoenix seems to be the absoloutely most soulless, depressing "material culture ", boring large city i have been in on any continent. If all you care @ is your car, your haircut, and the latest plastic surgery Phoenix seems to be the place. ( I still try, and go to events like the artwalk in Phx)...I have been to the last 2 DOD/All Soul's parades in Tucson and find it incredibly inspiring. Also love the gem show events/ celebrations.I certainly do not want to go back to living with crime, and realize that many parts of Tucson look ghetto, but most people i know as victims of crime seem to have had mostly petty property incidents. I want a place a little bit in the desert and also not too far from town. Any suggestions???
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-05-2007, 01:15 PM

5 posts, read 17,503 times
My Husband and i are going to looking in the tuscon area this fall for a park model home in a gated park . We have spent a little time in tuscon and like the area . Can anyone tell me how to find out about the differant parks that do have park model homes . We live in maine now and are looking forward to winters where we can get outside and see the sun. Thanks for any info

Old 01-06-2007, 01:28 PM

10 posts, read 35,824 times
My suggestion is that you try the sections of NW Tucson known as Flowing Wells or Casas Adobes. Sprawl and transportation are the big problems with Tucson. Tucson never embraced the inner-city freeway model that the Valley did, and so getting around in a car is horrible. When I lived there I only owned a bicycle and I loved it. Tucson is getting quite crowded these days, but if you don't know what it used to be like and just accept it for how you find it, it might suit you well. To me, the whole southern strip of Arizona that was acquired in the Gadsden Purchase has a very different vibe than the areas to the north. List materialistic California wannabe cities. More Hispanic influence and more likely to conserve the traditions of the past, so there is somewhat of an older feel to Tucson as compared to Phoenix.

Old 01-09-2007, 11:15 AM

10 posts, read 38,080 times
As I mentioned in another post, for a "deserty" feel a little outside of town, I recommend looking just west of the Tucson mountains - Avra Valley, Picture Rocks, Marana...I like it back there and may yet move out there.

Old 01-09-2007, 04:46 PM

1,952 posts, read 4,771,539 times
Just jumping onto this thread to shamelessly proclaim my love and desperate longing for Tucson..........that is all.

Old 01-09-2007, 04:54 PM

986 posts, read 2,801,031 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundance View Post
Just jumping onto this thread to shamelessly proclaim my love and desperate longing for Tucson..........that is all.
Good to hear you say that, We can't wait to move there in 6 months!!!

Old 01-12-2007, 10:50 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,002,443 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
Good to hear you say that, We can't wait to move there in 6 months!!!
Hey Millie... we'll be getting there around the same time!! Good luck with your move!

Old 01-12-2007, 02:00 PM

986 posts, read 2,801,031 times
mdtoaz..Same to you. We are moving to oro valley(we hope,still have not found a home yet). We found the school our daughter will attend we are headed back in April to look at homes. I really like the Tucson area. My son lives there so we have been there a few times.

Old 01-13-2007, 10:54 PM

27 posts, read 175,008 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
mdtoaz..Same to you. We are moving to oro valley(we hope,still have not found a home yet). We found the school our daughter will attend we are headed back in April to look at homes. I really like the Tucson area. My son lives there so we have been there a few times.
There are so many homes for sale now in Oro Valley...I just moved into the Copper Creek development and every where I turn are 4 Sale signs...The Villages is a really nice area too, and gated.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson