Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-13-2023, 05:16 PM

1,388 posts, read 1,859,071 times

Advertisements

I met Peggy at my part-time job at Green Valley Decorative Rock. I had seen her carefully selecting rocks from our river rock pile on multiple occasions. One day, I finally asked her what she was doing with those rocks, and she told me that she was painting on them, and showed me a few that she had left with us in the past. I finally got to put a face with the art! I spoke with her and asked if she would be willing to have me make a video of her work and post it on my Green Valley centric Youtube channel, and she agreed. You have GOT to check out her work, it truly is amazing! Would someone please make sure a link to this video makes it on to the Green Valley Rocks Facebook group? Thanks in advance!!!

If anyone else is interested in sharing their artwork on my channel, feel free to contact me (Bart) at n6347m@yahoo.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCcWdMYa_3g
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-13-2023, 06:31 PM

10,988 posts, read 6,852,461 times
Wow, her work is simply amazing! It is of the highest quality. Does she have a website or an Etsy account?

Old 09-13-2023, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
Wow, her work is simply amazing! It is of the highest quality. Does she have a website or an Etsy account?
Yes, her work is really quite excellent! I am glad you appreciate it pathrunner! She will be excited to hear your words. As for a website or etsy, I do not know. Next time I see her, I will ask and get back to you!!! It is amazing how many really good artists we have here in Green Valley. Thanks for watching!

Old 09-13-2023, 09:18 PM

Quote:
I got an email reply from Peggy, here is what she had to say: "Wow that is so nice! I do not sell any of my rocks. The pressure of painting something specifically for someone does not appeal to me. The joy of seeing them travel and people sending messages through Facebook that it made their day a little brighter or brought a smile to their face is my pleasure. The compliments are very much appreciated.❤️❤️

Old 09-14-2023, 09:52 AM

10,988 posts, read 6,852,461 times
Thank you Bart this is very true of many artists no matter what their media is. She is the third artist that I know of who has said the very same thing.

Old 09-16-2023, 11:00 AM

2,527 posts, read 2,774,310 times
Those are incredible and the best I have seen. Just beautiful and so imaginative. What talent! Kudos to Peggy for her ability and creativity and also for staying true to herself and not going commercial. Thanks for posting these!

Old 09-17-2023, 03:06 PM

Quote:
Thank you Bart this is very true of many artists no matter what their media is. She is the third artist that I know of who has said the very same thing.
Same here pathrunner, most of the artists do their art for themselves or as gifts to those who might appreciate it. There are a few that will take commissions, but very few in my experience.

Old 09-17-2023, 03:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by movinon View Post
Those are incredible and the best I have seen. Just beautiful and so imaginative. What talent! Kudos to Peggy for her ability and creativity and also for staying true to herself and not going commercial. Thanks for posting these!
My pleasure to post this beautiful work. I am glad Peggy agreed to let me do it because I wanted more people so see her talent!!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: