Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-05-2024, 09:08 AM

10,887 posts, read 7,370,074 times

Advertisements

Wow, you're lazy if you don't vote in person?
That's ridiculous.

If you don't live in a small town, voting in person takes much more time for the same results.

I voted in person for decades. Had to take time off work, drive to my polling place--which was near my house, not my job in another city--then wait in line for a few minutes to more than an hour to actually vote, depending on the complexity of the ballot, and how prepared the other voters were.

I worked at polling sites a few times; one woman spent over an hour in the booth because she hadn't even read the numerous propositions on the ballot. Since she arrived shortly before the polls closed, we all had to wait around for her to finish.

Voting by mail is far more efficient.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-05-2024, 12:42 PM

103 posts, read 129,231 times
Quote:
The infrastructure of the voting by mail system is already well established in Arizona. Arizona law has permitted voting by mail for more than 20 years and approximately 80% of Arizona voters chose to vote by mail.
The two choices for vote by mail are:

1. Election by election you request a mail ballot within the timeframe specified by that specific election. You must make the request for each specific election.

2. Asked to be placed permanently on the Early Voting List. This ensures all future election ballots are mailed to you (you don't have to remember to make specific ballot requests).

I am new to Tucson arriving last year so I am a new voter. I asked online for a ballot for the 2024 Presidential Preference election and received it, voted, mailed it in.

I checked at the Pima Recorder's office to make sure my ballot was counted; it was. However that's when I noticed that the Early Voting List tab for my registration said, NO. Hmmm. I thought since I got a mail-in ballot for the Primary that I was properly registered to receive mail ballots for all elections. I was wrong.

I have since downloaded, printed and submitted the written form to Pima Recorder and as of today my Voter Registration account with them says YES I am on the Early Voting List.

So maybe it's time now to check your AZ voter registration online with your county's recorder (you need either your vote ID number or your Driver License number to log into it.

https://www.recorder.pima.gov/BallotFAQs

Old 04-05-2024, 12:54 PM

19,194 posts, read 16,675,444 times
My two cents . . . I really like voting by mail. Been doing that for over 20 years. I will use the voter guide and sample ballot to make my choices and when the official ballot arrives, I simply transfer the information and mail it off. At my age, I don't think I'd bother voting any longer if it wasn't this easy.

Old 04-05-2024, 04:29 PM

16,393 posts, read 30,261,314 times
Two comments:

1) The REAL question is whether there are people verifying signatures. Is it really happening.

2) If a court would eliminate voting by mail TOMORROW, there is NO WAY that the Pima County Board of Elections could handle the crowds on an election day. They have significantly cut back on the number of polling places, especially in rural areas.

Honestly, I have only had TWO problems voting in my life.

In Lancaster County, VA, you could only register to vote between 1-4 pm on Wednesday afternoons in the early 80s.

In St. Louis City, I was denied voting three times as I had voted absentee. The problem was that I always made sure that I was in town on election day and never requested an absentee ballot. So I would take an hour, head downtown and meet with the election judge. He would grill the election officials and ask them to prove that I had voted within 15 minutes. When they could not, he ordered that they allow me to vote.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: