Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-21-2024, 11:29 AM

11,023 posts, read 6,870,183 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by beckerd2 View Post
I just copied and pasted from the person's complaint. They were probably feeling pretty sick. If you would have clicked on the link and looked at their receipt, it obviously says MARCH. The person just made a mistake writing their frustration out.

The symptoms are automatically put into the complaint.... it lists what everyone feels when they eat bad food.

Just like this place to act all arrogant and obviously not look up what people link too.
They paid over $50 bucks to eat trough like style for 3 people.

https://images.iwaspoisoned.com/1111...2174346619.jpg
"Trough-like" style? What is that? We are not being arrogant. We have a different opinion than you. It's that simple. Stating that a buffet is like a trough is actually insulting, as though the people who partake in a buffet are pigs or hogs on a farm.

I did look at the actual complaint on that site, and I'm sure others on this thread did as well. I do have sympathy for people who are sensitive to buffet food. I myself got food poisoning from a pasta salad 36 years ago when corkscrew pasta salad was a brand new "thing". I spent 3 months under medical care to get better. Never had an incident of food poisoning before or since. If I had not had great health insurance at the time, I would have made a claim for medical expenses, which is only fair. I contacted Vons ASAP after the diagnosis (I was polite and non-inflammatory); they wanted to know if I was going to sue. As a long term legal assistant, I knew how those things work and I had already vowed never to get into any kind of lawsuit if I could help it. I only informed Vons that I had health insurance but that they should know right away that the item caused food poisoning so they could remove the remaining tubs from their shelves.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-21-2024, 11:32 AM

7,523 posts, read 3,236,257 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by pathrunner View Post
"Trough-like" style? What is that? We are not being arrogant. We have a different opinion than you. It's that simple. Stating that a buffet is like a trough is actually insulting, as though the people who partake in a buffet are pigs or hogs on a farm.

I did look at the actual complaint on that site, and I'm sure others on this thread did as well. I do have sympathy for people who are sensitive to buffet food. I myself got food poisoning from a pasta salad 36 years ago when corkscrew pasta salad was a brand new "thing". I spent 3 months under medical care to get better. Never had an incident of food poisoning before or since. If I had not had great health insurance at the time, I would have made a claim for medical expenses, which is only fair. I contacted Vons ASAP after the diagnosis (I was polite and non-inflammatory); they wanted to know if I was going to sue. As a long term legal assistant, I knew how those things work and I had already vowed never to get into any kind of lawsuit if I could help it. I only informed Vons that I had health insurance but that they should know right away that the item caused food poisoning so they could remove the remaining tubs from their shelves.

I got terrible food poisoning one time from a very fancy restaurant from their crab salad.

Old 04-21-2024, 12:43 PM

37,110 posts, read 41,250,908 times
Quote:
I just copied and pasted from the person's complaint. They were probably feeling pretty sick. If you would have clicked on the link and looked at their receipt, it obviously says MARCH. The person just made a mistake writing their frustration out.
The symptoms are automatically put into the complaint....it lists what everyone feels when they eat bad food.

Just like this place to act all arrogant and obviously not look up what people link too.
I did look at the link. I still have reservations about the complaint. In a situation like that, accuracy counts. The symptoms should not be "automatically added". List only what actually happened. I can find no other reports about illness traced to Sweet Tomatoes. How likely would it be for only one person to get sick?

"Trough style"? Not everyone overeats at a buffet. I like being able to get a variety of salad ingredients. If I bought all of them myself, much would spoil before I could use it up.

If you think food from a restaurant or grocery store made you sick, contact your local health department, not an online complaint site.

By the way, Sweet Tomatoes times how long salad ingredients are left on the bar and removes the container when time is up. Hot choices are kept hot.

Old Yesterday, 04:50 AM

30,153 posts, read 11,783,240 times
Quote:
The symptoms are automatically put into the complaint....it lists what everyone feels when they eat bad food.

You could just as easily eat a regular restaurant meal where the veggies are not washed properly. I know a lot of people who don't go to restaurants because of that possibility.

Old Today, 11:11 AM

105 posts, read 130,732 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oklazona Bound View Post
You could just as easily eat a regular restaurant meal where the veggies are not washed properly. I know a lot of people who don't go to restaurants because of that possibility.
I carpooled with the head of restaurant inspections for a large municipality years ago. When asked what usually makes folks sick when eating out, his comment was that 95% of the time: It is NOT the FOOD on your plate; it is the THUMB on your plate.

Old Today, 12:23 PM

23,221 posts, read 29,034,905 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Galeana View Post
I carpooled with the head of restaurant inspections for a large municipality years ago. When asked what usually makes folks sick when eating out, his comment was that 95% of the time: It is NOT the FOOD on your plate; it is the THUMB on your plate.
I've already stated that germs are there to strengthen your immune system, and another poster agreed with that.

Iowa Farm woman has hardly any contact with the outside world except grocery shopping. A traveling salesmen comes to her farm house and before long she's got the flu. Limited exposure to germs?

I had already been to India, ate street food there, on an earlier visit, and a friend joined me on another trip, first time in India and Nepal. We ate at a restaurant one afternoon in Kathmandu, we ordered the same exact meal and beverage. Later that night, she was running to the bathroom all night. Me? I wasn't fazed in the least! Same exact food!

I took 5 trips to Central America in the 2000's, rode the packed chicken buses all over the place, at the street food, I emerged healthy as all get out, and there could have been people in those crowded buses who had TB.

Worrying, alone, can reduce your immune system.

Old Today, 12:30 PM

11,023 posts, read 6,870,183 times
Yes, and I remember years ago a nutritionist stated that one serious scare while driving in your car can deplete your Vitamin C levels.

When my kids were toddlers (ages 2-5) my doctor accused me of "doing something wrong." They were sick all the time. Well guess what? They had just started daycare after I was a stay at home mom for a few years. Six months of all the toddler illnesses (which I never got) and they were hardly sick for the rest of their childhoods all the way to adulthood. Stayed in daycare until school age, and then it was after school daycare. Extremely healthy the whole time. One is especially vulnerable due to close contact with scores of members of the public through their career.

I dumped that doctor soon after. He should have known better than to run that trip on me.

Old Today, 01:30 PM

4,071 posts, read 5,144,428 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by heavymind View Post
No kidding on the bolded. Enduring the madness and the behaviors of people during the Covid meltdown was so frustrating to me. At times I went out of my way to catch the virus in order to strengthen my immune system, but it never happened.

Worried about germs on shared utensils? Never even crosses my mind when I'm at buffets. Think about all the public door handles, railings, etc you might touch on a daily basis, or even things in your own home that are used by multiple people and their dirty hands. Germs are everywhere and are of little consequence to the average healthy person.

I love salad bars and am glad to hear Sweet Tomatoes is coming back. The salad bar at my local grocery store finally came back only a few months ago, after going away during Covid.
You have to remember there was a long time there even before COVID that moms would douse their kids with Purelle for just touching something at the playground. Couldn't play in the dirt or make mud pies. My wife and I let the kids do all the "gross" things and got the side eye from other parents but, anecdotally...our kids were a lot less sick and missed less time at school than some others.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson