Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-10-2007, 01:24 AM

1 posts, read 5,172 times

Advertisements

I'm buying a house in Tierra Vista this is a KB home community and along S. Alvernon and Valencia anyone who knows the area and the adjuscent area please advice me if this place is safe and a good place to rise a family, because I'm not from this country I'm from Australia. Please need help co'z I found a house already I ust need your advice dearly pls. Thnks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-14-2007, 11:58 AM

218 posts, read 1,486,824 times
Well, our crime statistics compared to other parts of the USA are pretty high,
but if you are a person who regularly practices good-common-sense-daily-stuff, like: lock your car,
don't leave things of value visible to attract car break-ins, & lock your house - you should be fine.
You can get home ins. discounts if you have a security service such as ADT, with the 'fire sensor/security add-on.

If you want to know the safe/unsafe factors that might be specific to your neighborhood, you can certainly
contact the Tucson Police Department and ask for the community liason.

Sounds like you have kids? You really should visit the schools that your kids would be going to.
Go during a regular school day so you can see the environment and atmosphere for yourself.
For my family, when we moved here, we bought our house as a result of impromptu visits to several high schools.

So many factors to think about! Wishing you all the best.

As an educator, having worked in both Tucson School District and in Amphitheater School District,
I'd be happy to comment further, if you'd like to send private message.

Old 02-17-2007, 05:41 PM

3 posts, read 10,207 times
I wouldn't advise it. South Tucson is not a good place. The safer area's (not to mention Prettier) are South of Tucson. Green Vally, Tubac, Rio Rico. The crime is Tucson has gotten pretty bad.

I wish you well.
Regards,

Old 02-17-2007, 07:46 PM

163 posts, read 824,194 times
I would also stay clear of that builder. But then again they all seem to have problems. I would get a thorough house inspection and I mean a good one!
Builders will promise to fix everything, well, if you both work, hard to be around day after day and wait for the repairs. Builders know this, they wear you down. We were not working at the time we moved here, we went thru living h e l l with our new house with a so called reputable builder. If I had won the lottery I was going to give an attorney money to represent the next unlucky homeowner against the builder. How do you know when a developer or builder is lying? His lips are moving. I am really not that far off. Just be careful

Old 02-17-2007, 07:49 PM

163 posts, read 824,194 times
Armani. Please do not buy a house sight unseen. Visit here first. Move and rent, then look around , don't make an expensive mistake. I would also not advise you to build a house while you are not near enough to check out what they are doing. It could be an expensive mistake!!!!

Old 02-19-2007, 09:43 PM

57 posts, read 292,307 times
STAY AWAY. That's about the worst part of town, highest crime rate, worst schools, etc. Stay to the north if you can, east is also nicer and lower crime. North of River Road avoids most of the riff raff up north, east of Kolb road gets progressively nicer as well. The northwest sides of town are also nice, lots of nice little communities with better schools as well. Rita Ranch area southeast is nice, as is the Rancho Sahuarita area southwest, good places to start.

Old 04-18-2007, 09:50 PM

2 posts, read 12,968 times
Default Don't buy from KB

If you are not locked in with KB yet, cancel and find another builder. IF you are stuck with them prepare yourself to be disappointed. That being said here is some information on the area you are looking at:

Alvernon and Valencia is just outside the Tucson Airport entrance. It is a mixed business and older home area with some new development. You will have some noise do to the airport traffic wich includes an Air National Guard base that trains Pilots to fly F16 Fighters so you will have more noise than would be normally associated with an airport the size of Tucsons.

You will not be located near any major shopping areas but you can get to the freeways fairly quickly. The Freeways will be under construction for the next couple of years and Tucson has never been very good with traffic management planning so you can expect delays when traveling around town. Depending on where you will be working you can expect a 30-45 minute commute to most areas of town.

Old 05-14-2007, 12:09 AM

4 posts, read 17,289 times
As a real estate agent let me give you my professional advice:

If you're moving here from out of town, I would recommend renting a home for a couple months on a month to month lease that you can get out of easily and then searching for your dream home once your here. This will eliminate the regret of purchasing a home in an area that you didn't research properly and is not ideal for you and your family

That area has pluses and minuses like any area, you can easily find yourself a much better deal and in a more preferable neighborhood.

Moderator cut: manual signature & realtor website

Old 05-15-2007, 05:21 PM

18 posts, read 174,651 times
Mr. Cardieri,
You may want to see about retracting your above statement. You should know that it is ILLEGAL for you to make any type of statement regarding the preferability of a neighborhood.

Old 05-15-2007, 11:08 PM

4 posts, read 17,289 times
Okay thanks so much for putting me in a position to defend myself;

I'm not stating my own personal preferance here on a certain neighborhood; I'm simply giving the opinion that if a home buyer has never lived in Tucson before and didn't shop around, rushing into something might be a regret because that buyer may realize after the fact that the neighborhood wasn't what THEY were looking for and thus not preferable.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson