Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-25-2008, 07:09 PM

1 posts, read 2,626 times

Advertisements

My wife and I are moving to Tucson and are interested in renting for 3 - 6 months (maybe longer) before buying. I would like to keep my drive to 20 minutes or less to the airport area. Active adult communities are an option as well. Anything appreciated.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-25-2008, 08:56 PM

529 posts, read 2,394,427 times
Are you looking to rent a house or an apartment? Twenty minutes to the airport area can put you SE as far as Rita Ranch, south to Sahuarita, or perhaps near Starr Pass area.

Old 06-26-2008, 02:46 AM

46 posts, read 150,308 times
Rita Ranch would be a great start if you are wanting to rent a house. Rita Ranch is very nice!

Old 06-26-2008, 09:23 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jenml View Post
Rita Ranch would be a great start if you are wanting to rent a house. Rita Ranch is very nice!
It's certainly full of rentals. I’d be a little afraid to rent there, though. Not that it isn’t nice, but you never know when the owner is going to manage to sell the house or go into foreclosure. Also, one better enjoy listening to trains.

Old 06-28-2008, 07:51 PM

687 posts, read 2,032,460 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's certainly full of rentals. I’d be a little afraid to rent there, though. Not that it isn’t nice, but you never know when the owner is going to manage to sell the house or go into foreclosure. Also, one better enjoy listening to trains.
Weird. I don't recall hearing trains a whole lot. We lived in a small town that had trains go through probably 4-6 times a day and I rarely ever noticed it being a bother. How odd is that? Maybe they sound like my kids, and that's how I'm able to tune them out.

Old 06-28-2008, 08:22 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,162,128 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
Weird. I don't recall hearing trains a whole lot. We lived in a small town that had trains go through probably 4-6 times a day and I rarely ever noticed it being a bother. How odd is that? Maybe they sound like my kids, and that's how I'm able to tune them out.
Well, Rita Ranch is pretty big. Some parts are much closer to the tracks then others. I live about 5-5.5 miles from them (probably 4 miles from Rita Rd) and even I've heard sirens a few times. Once I looked at a house in the southern edge of Rita Ranch and said to myself - no way, Jose. You're right, though - people's tolerance levels are very different. I live alone (no kids, no pets), so my level is quite low.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:24 AM

2 posts, read 7,251 times
I am currently interested in relocating tucson i have no idea what iam getting my self and my nine year old daughter into but iam very up beat about the move.

Old 06-30-2008, 07:25 AM

529 posts, read 2,394,427 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by floridanomore4me View Post
I am currently interested in relocating tucson i have no idea what iam getting my self and my nine year old daughter into but iam very up beat about the move.
Haha great name! You'll find plenty of answers on this forum so if you're wondering about something it has probably been answered (a few times!).
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson