Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-27-2008, 08:01 AM

66 posts, read 337,232 times

Advertisements

We went over last July, never felt unsafe, but always kept "alert" of my surroundings. When we came back in they never asked for any ID.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 04:20 PM

16,062 posts, read 26,734,689 times
I haven't been in years; but always loved going to Nogales for the shopping. They have wonderful knick knacks and some beautiful furniture if you so choose! There used to be several great restaurants, a great way to spend the day. You can park on the Nogales AZ side and just walk across the border without any issues.

Old 07-27-2008, 07:25 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,346,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by veuvegirl View Post
I haven't been in years; but always loved going to Nogales for the shopping. They have wonderful knick knacks and some beautiful furniture if you so choose! There used to be several great restaurants, a great way to spend the day. You can park on the Nogales AZ side and just walk across the border without any issues.

You know, I've been threatening to return to Nogie when I fully retire, and buy myself a buncha guayaberas and huaraches to take me into my twilight years...

Old 07-27-2008, 08:08 PM

687 posts, read 2,031,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
You know, I've been threatening to return to Nogie when I fully retire, and buy myself a buncha guayaberas and huaraches to take me into my twilight years...

I was just reading about those in Saturday's Arizona Star

Old 07-27-2008, 08:40 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,346,834 times
"I was just reading about those in Saturday's Arizona Star"

Yeppers! Them's the ones!

Pretty cool slacker shirts for all ages and all occasions.

Old 08-04-2008, 11:41 AM

1 posts, read 4,134 times
Nogales Sonora is very beautiful! much greener than Phoenix! Phoenix is worse than mexico can ever be! Im from phoenix and seen things that scare the **** out of me. Nogales Sonora on the other hand it feels safe and the people are friendly and the food is great, and the prices on items are so cheap and affordable. The only thing i would say to watch out for is the crazy drivers!

Old 08-04-2008, 12:52 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinah2 View Post
Nogales Sonora is very beautiful! much greener than Phoenix! Phoenix is worse than mexico can ever be! Im from phoenix and seen things that scare the **** out of me. Nogales Sonora on the other hand it feels safe and the people are friendly and the food is great, and the prices on items are so cheap and affordable. The only thing i would say to watch out for is the crazy drivers!
Eeehh, "very beautiful" is a bit of exaggeration IMHO. However, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and it's certainly an OK change of scenery for a day trip.

Old 08-04-2008, 01:47 PM

9,600 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Eeehh, "very beautiful" is a bit of exaggeration IMHO. However, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and it's certainly an OK change of scenery for a day trip.
I agree, Sierra . . . "Very Beautiful" is kinda pushing it.

Something like picking the . . . CLEANEST PIG IN THE PIGPEN

Old 12-14-2008, 10:30 AM

1 posts, read 3,838 times
Default crossing the border from Nogales

My husband and I have traveled back and forth from Nogales to Mexico many many times over the last 2 years. We have never had any problems crossing, but sometimes the lines can be very long we have waited in line a couple times for over an hour..but never two hours. Most times it takes 20 to 30 minutes, a few times we crossed in less than 15 minutes. Mostly it depends on the times you are trying to cross as far as how long you will wait. But we go there all the time, and never had any trouble with anyone. If you are going there on the weekend you can expect a longer wait, just be prepared and have your passport or D. L. or I. D. WITH you Birth Cerificate. You should have no problems at all.

Old 12-14-2008, 10:38 AM

47,525 posts, read 69,672,493 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by christinah2 View Post
Are you going to move to Nogales, Sonora?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson