Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-03-2008, 09:54 AM

2 posts, read 5,127 times

Advertisements

moving in august i heard area around foothills malls is a nice area does anyone know of apartments on ina st
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-03-2008, 10:57 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sue1249 View Post
moving in august i heard area around foothills malls is a nice area does anyone know of apartments on ina st
Yeah, there are apartments on Ina. The thing with Ina is that the street changes names while it's basically the same. Ina Road turns into Skyline Drive, which becomes Sunrise Drive. I find this so stupid.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:11 AM

2,200 posts, read 4,420,553 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Yeah, there are apartments on Ina. The thing with Ina is that the street changes names while it's basically the same. Ina Road turns into Skyline Drive, which becomes Sunrise Drive. I find this so stupid.
Nothing will ever beat Pensacola in the name changing game of roads....my favorite: Perry Ave turns into Bayou Blvd which turns into Brent Lane which turns into Beverly Pkwy which turns into Michigan Ave which turns into Saufley Field Road. Yay FL SR 296. lol

Old 07-03-2008, 11:32 AM

2 posts, read 5,127 times
Default apt

do you know the names of apts so i can contact, i am 58 so i am looking for place that not just students.

Old 07-03-2008, 11:49 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by psulions2007 View Post
Nothing will ever beat Pensacola in the name changing game of roads....my favorite: Perry Ave turns into Bayou Blvd which turns into Brent Lane which turns into Beverly Pkwy which turns into Michigan Ave which turns into Saufley Field Road. Yay FL SR 296. lol
This is ridiculous! No, I don't know the names of the apartments. They should show up in searches. No students live in this area.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:38 PM

687 posts, read 2,031,956 times
Quote:
That drives me crazy too. And also like Kolb/Grant and then what is it...Tanque Verde/Wilmot/Wrightstown.

Add in the fact that U-Turns are commonplace around here and it can really confuse a midwest gal.

Old 07-03-2008, 01:57 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
The Tierra de las Catalinas (condos rather than apartments, but some units are for rent) on Skyline (about the point it changes into Sunrise) are nice units in a very very nice area. We stayed in one of the units while on vacation down there. Didn't look like any students to me.

Ken

Old 07-03-2008, 02:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
That drives me crazy too. And also like Kolb/Grant and then what is it...Tanque Verde/Wilmot/Wrightstown.
LOL, this intersection is such a joy for newcomers, isn't it?!

Quote:
Add in the fact that U-Turns are commonplace around here and it can really confuse a midwest gal.
What'd you mean? Don't you ever change your mind in the Midwest?! Or get into businesses on the other side of the road...?

I'm annoyed by the leading green arrows on Houghton as they're not common in town. The other day I was at Golf Links and saw the oncoming traffic started moving and my instinct was to start moving myself, but not so...

Old 07-03-2008, 02:13 PM

687 posts, read 2,031,956 times
Quote:
LOL, this intersection is such a joy for newcomers, isn't it?!

What'd you mean? Don't you ever change your mind in the Midwest?! Or get into businesses on the other side of the road...?

I'm annoyed by the leading green arrows on Houghton as they're not common in town. The other day I was at Golf Links and saw the oncoming traffic started moving and my instinct was to start moving myself, but not so...
Well, often there isn't that divided area as much (at least where I was at. Though it is becoming more common) but you'll also see plenty of "No U-Turn" signs. Don't get me wrong, I like it as it simplifies some options for turning etc. The first couple of times I did it I felt as though I was gonna get 'caught'.

Lame. I know.

Old 07-03-2008, 03:26 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,017,881 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
Well, often there isn't that divided area as much (at least where I was at. Though it is becoming more common) but you'll also see plenty of "No U-Turn" signs. Don't get me wrong, I like it as it simplifies some options for turning etc. The first couple of times I did it I felt as though I was gonna get 'caught'.

Lame. I know.
So, I've gotta ask... I have lots of relatives in MI, and a few years ago while I was visiting, my aunt was trying to give me directions. She was trying to describe how to turn around without making a U-turn, and she called it a "dickaround". Of course, I think like a 13 year old boy, and started giggling. Is that really what they're called, or was it just her?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: