Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-24-2007, 04:14 PM

1 posts, read 2,518 times

Advertisements

Hi,

I am moving to Tucson from the UK to study at the UoA. I have visited the school and spent a day in Tucson just looking around the neighbourhood.. this was in July so I know how horrible the temperatures can get during the daytime.. I managed to see a couple of apartments but still know very little about the area. From reading some of the past threads it would seem that the south side of town is a place to avoid? I've been all over craigslist and some other websites trying to find somewhere to rent but I feel as though the prices on the internet are higher than they would be if i were driving around and seeing apartments..
I will be moving there in January and my partner will be moving in November. He hopes to find a job at a school in some kind of teaching capacity, I've heard (again on here) that the schools in Tucson are horrible, is anyone here a teacher or have teacher friends that can tell me more about what it's like?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-24-2007, 07:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Well, my first inclination would be to ask "what's wrong with ya" , unless you're studying something particularly special. I know U of A is big on astronomy.

Anyway, to the point. No, you don't wanna be on the South and Southwest side. Southeast's fine, but that's kind of far from the U. I was talking about this stuff recently, so I take it you read it. You've probably checked these sites, but just in case:

Apartments for Rent and Homes for Rent

Move.com - Find Real Estate, New Homes, Apartments, Houses for Rent and More

ApartmentGuide.com - apartments for rent, apartment finder (http://tinyurl.com/2clzcl - broken link)

Tucson Arizona Apartments For Rent | Tucson Apartment Rentals | Apartments.com

Apartment Ratings - Apartments for Rent with Ratings and Reviews from Actual Renters

Stay away from the places offering included utilities. That means they turn on the heat and the ACs whenever they feel like to. Then again... some people don't mind it. Oh, there may be places (cheaper) that have evaporative coolers (we call them swamp coolers) instead of AC. Miserable in the monsoon (humid) season! About the rent - you pretty much get what you see online.

P.S. The forum is screwing up the links again. Oh, well... you can figure it out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: