U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 01-22-2007, 09:32 AM
 
Location: Florida
4,842 posts, read 13,227,848 times
Reputation: 2224

Advertisements

Was on the phone with my sons last night about 9 p.m. florida time, my 10 year old started screaming about snow falling...they live in Oro Valley, just outside Tucson....is this out of the ordinary? Just curious...???
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 01-22-2007, 09:36 AM
 
Location: Sonoran Desert
34,895 posts, read 45,014,722 times
Reputation: 23885
It snows every couple years (or used to before the drought). There was even snow in Phoenix metro yesterday which happens less frequently than Tucson.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 01-26-2007, 10:16 PM
 
5 posts, read 15,347 times
Reputation: 10
Default Snow In Tucson

Hello,

I have lived here for 10 years and I believe it has snowed in the City of Tucson, 2-3 times in that 10 years. However, this snowfall was the heaviest, by far over the last 2.

My graddaughter, some friends and I, went to a Harlem Globetrotters game from 2-5pm. When we went into the show it was cloudy and cold. The snow had just started when we came out at 5pm. It snowed for
about 3 hours on the far east side of town.

Everyone was out most of the evening, and most of the next day, taking photos, building snowmen/snowangels, etc. Most schools were out and the kids had a blast.

The only issue we have here is that the road crews are not equipped
for such snow and ice, especially on the bridges. Most bridges were closed
until the crews could get them cleared, de-iced and passable.

Currently, we are starting to warm up again (nights---high 30s, days---60s). ...and, the annual gem show is getting started and runs for about 2-3 weeks.

I hope this information was useful to you. Feel free to email if you wish.

Nick
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-08-2007, 01:19 PM
 
Location: Florida
4,842 posts, read 13,227,848 times
Reputation: 2224
Quote:
Originally Posted by NICKNICK1956 View Post
Hello,

I have lived here for 10 years and I believe it has snowed in the City of Tucson, 2-3 times in that 10 years. However, this snowfall was the heaviest, by far over the last 2.

My graddaughter, some friends and I, went to a Harlem Globetrotters game from 2-5pm. When we went into the show it was cloudy and cold. The snow had just started when we came out at 5pm. It snowed for
about 3 hours on the far east side of town.

Everyone was out most of the evening, and most of the next day, taking photos, building snowmen/snowangels, etc. Most schools were out and the kids had a blast.

The only issue we have here is that the road crews are not equipped
for such snow and ice, especially on the bridges. Most bridges were closed
until the crews could get them cleared, de-iced and passable.

Currently, we are starting to warm up again (nights---high 30s, days---60s). ...and, the annual gem show is getting started and runs for about 2-3 weeks.

I hope this information was useful to you. Feel free to email if you wish.

Nick
THank you! My kids, born in FL...live out there now...their first snowfall at home!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 09-07-2007, 09:46 PM
 
4 posts, read 52,551 times
Reputation: 17
There was a white Christmas in 1987. The snow stayed for 3 days.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 01:09 PM
 
1 posts, read 3,538 times
Reputation: 10
Default hi

hi, I'm moving to O.V. in 8 months for work. I live in NH now and I love what I've read about O.V. Seems like the perfect place to live, and also, I must admit, am excited that it may snow from time to time . . . will remind me of home (although we normally get a foot of snow at a time up here UGH). Looking forward to the move very much!
~Dave
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 03:30 PM
 
Location: Baja Arizona
2,916 posts, read 7,748,381 times
Reputation: 1135
Omigawd!

What's next... SNOW PLOWS?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 08:30 PM
 
Location: USA
3,966 posts, read 9,993,081 times
Reputation: 2217
Quote:
Originally Posted by redvicious View Post
There was a white Christmas in 1987. The snow stayed for 3 days.
1987... i remember that snow storm. I believe my parents have pictures of me playing in the snow...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-27-2008, 09:53 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,835 posts, read 83,382,659 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by w1ngzer0 View Post
1987... i remember that snow storm. I believe my parents have pictures of me playing in the snow...
At least a white Christmas is somewhat to be expected, even here. Now, the white Easter we had in April in the late 90's, I think, (don't remember the exact year) was truly weird!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 08-28-2008, 10:00 AM
 
Location: Carlsbad
105 posts, read 659,040 times
Reputation: 123
Default Mt Lemmon gets snow for sure...

The first week after I had moved to Oro Valley (feb '08) I woke up in the morning to see the Catalina mountains were covered in snow. : ) Beautful.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top