Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-26-2008, 06:28 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times

Advertisements

I've seen people complain here about Tucson's drivers. I tell ya... they're just fine! The most obnoxious endangering everybody jerks I tend to see have out-of-state plates!

A few days ago a Californian gets out of a business almost at the intersection and had every intention to run me over in order to make it to the left turning lane. After making it there without killing me after all he proceeded to make a U-turn as soon as the light turned green, before the oncoming traffic.

Today a Texan decides to switch lanes regardless of the lack of space. He has to go! You know, I understand somebody may be from out of state or town, may change his mind or whatever and if he/she blinks a few times (translation - asks to go), I'll always let them go, but this one was just going... forget the rest.

In conclusion, in order to be fair, have to pay a special tribute to a fellow Arizonan - JH (on second thought, better not post the name)! How do I now his name? Personalized plate... those are generally a good indicator of character anyway... Apparently JH was repulsed by the idea other people dared to be on his private road. He was in the right lane probably not more than 50 feet from the intersection and was gonna make a right. However, there was a car in front of him. Imagine that! I was in the middle. He went all the way to the left lane, cut in front of me and went back to the right lane only to avoid being behind another car! And mind you, the road he was turning into wasn't a two-lane road where let's say a slow car would be in front of him for a while. Life would be so much more pleasant with fewer idiots on the roads.

Speaking of idiots, there was another rollover on I-10 the other day, as you probably know. How many rollovers does it take to stop overloading these vans with illegals?! Guess whoever takes the money doesn't care about the driver, either, much less for others. Five more cars were involved in this accident. 15 or 18 (don't remember exactly) people were injured and 5 were in critical condition!

On the bright side, gas prices don't seem to affect us. They're trying to kill us, but we're as resilient as roaches! Seems like traffic is heavier on weekends than on week days. And it's summer...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-27-2008, 12:28 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,346,834 times
"A few days ago a Californian gets out of a business almost at the intersection and had every intention to run me over in order to make it to the left turning lane. After making it there without killing me after all he proceeded to make a U-turn as soon as the light turned green, before the oncoming traffic."

Hmmm...

My understanding, sierraAZ, is that California doesn't have any stop signs, so that poor driver most likely doesn't know what to do once he gets rollin'...

Thus, we coined it the "California stop" or "rolling stop".

Old 07-27-2008, 12:43 PM

687 posts, read 2,031,956 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
"A few days ago a Californian gets out of a business almost at the intersection and had every intention to run me over in order to make it to the left turning lane. After making it there without killing me after all he proceeded to make a U-turn as soon as the light turned green, before the oncoming traffic."

Hmmm...

My understanding, sierraAZ, is that California doesn't have any stop signs, so that poor driver most likely doesn't know what to do once he gets rollin'...

Hee! I've heard that one

Old 07-27-2008, 12:46 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Speaking of idiots, there was another rollover on I-10 the other day, as you probably know. How many rollovers does it take to stop overloading these vans with illegals?! Guess whoever takes the money doesn't care about the driver, either, much less for others. Five more cars were involved in this accident. 15 or 18 (don't remember exactly) people were injured and 5 were in critical condition!
Great post (as usual), Sierra!

I happen to know one of the cops involved in the investigation of our latest I-10 Rollover and the theory is there were at least 15 to 18 illegals in that standard van. The apprehended 11 plus the few that ran into the desert. That is at least TWICE the van's capacity and could very well be higher than THREE TIMES the capacity (just imagine the aroma). It is no wonder the van lost control and flipped even if the tires managed to maintain pressure.

After all expenses are calculated including the hospital and rescue costs, the damage to the other vehicles plus the cost of the road closure as well as the DPS and Local Police costs . . . we're looking at HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS which the Illegal Lovers will never claim and/or own.

Old 07-27-2008, 01:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post

Hmmm...

Well, I do CA stops at stop signs, too, when not endangering anybody , but it seems these guys never stop once they get "rolling" on the road.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Great post (as usual), Sierra!

I happen to know one of the cops involved in the investigation of our latest I-10 Rollover and the theory is there were at least 15 to 18 illegals in that standard van. The apprehended 11 plus the few that ran into the desert. That is at least TWICE the van's capacity and could very well be higher than THREE TIMES the capacity (just imagine the aroma). It is no wonder the van lost control and flipped even if the tires managed to maintain pressure.

After all expenses are calculated including the hospital and rescue costs, the damage to the other vehicles plus the cost of the road closure as well as the DPS and Local Police costs . . . we're looking at HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS OF DOLLARS which the Illegal Lovers will never claim and/or own.
No matter how defensively you drive you can only pray not to be in the wrong place at the wrong time... Not even gonna get into the yappers riding on your as* all the time. Most of those are home-bred after all...

Old 07-27-2008, 01:37 PM

687 posts, read 2,031,956 times
Quote:
Well, I do CA stops at stop signs, too, when not endangering anybody , but it seems these guys never stop once they get "rolling" on the road.

No matter how defensively you drive you can only pray not to be in the wrong place at the wrong time.
.. Not even gonna get into the yappers riding on your as* all the time. Most of those are home-bred after all...
Not the praying type but I do cross my fingers. I read about that in the paper and just thought some of the same thoughts as Bummer. Ridiculous.

Old 07-27-2008, 02:00 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
Not the praying type but I do cross my fingers. I read about that in the paper and just thought some of the same thoughts as Bummer. Ridiculous.
It was just a figure of speech. Do I look like the praying type to you?!

These overloaded vans cause accidents ALL THE TIME!

Old 07-27-2008, 03:48 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,685,641 times
Quote:
These overloaded vans cause accidents ALL THE TIME!
Unfortunately, Sierra . . . any vehicle suffering from poor maintenance and riding on worn or aging tires plus hauling two to three times its legal capacity is an accident just waiting to happen.

Old 07-27-2008, 04:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Unfortunately, Sierra . . . any vehicle suffering from poor maintenance and riding on worn or aging tires plus hauling two to three times its legal capacity is an accident just waiting to happen.
OMG, Bummer, did I get ya in 666 mode? Somebody please come to his rescue!

Old 08-04-2008, 02:25 PM

105 posts, read 682,519 times
I'd just like to say...in defense of my wonderful home state of California, that you can't always determine where a driver is from by their license plate. I travel for business A LOT....most of the cars I rent have license plates from states all over the US- not just the state I'm renting in. Hence, just because someone has a Cali plate- doesn't make them a Cali native. Especially with the airport in Tucson, there are plenty of renters from all over.

Secondly, I am incredibly self-conscious driving around in my Cali plated car....I hate the Arizona mentality some have about transplants. Stop flipping me off over nothing. Stop speeding up when I signal to get over. It's a free country- let's all get along. (and yes, for the record i HAVE ranted about AZ drivers too. guilty as charged.)

The end.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson