Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-29-2008, 08:56 PM

986 posts, read 2,808,128 times

Advertisements

We finally arrived in Tucson..we are renting a home in the north ranch sub-division. I am trying to learn my way around without getting lost. So far so good. I am from Jersey, so the first thing I had to learn, was how to pump my own gas. I kept telling my husband that "jersey girls" do not pump gas!! He told me to get over it!! I do not write alot on this forum, I have done more reading to get information about Tucson. So thank you everyone for all of your input. It has made the move a bit easier.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-29-2008, 09:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by milliebfit View Post
We finally arrived in Tucson..we are renting a home in the north ranch sub-division. I am trying to learn my way around without getting lost. So far so good. I am from Jersey, so the first thing I had to learn, was how to pump my own gas. I kept telling my husband that "jersey girls" do not pump gas!! He told me to get over it!! I do not write alot on this forum, I have done more reading to get information about Tucson. So thank you everyone for all of your input. It has made the move a bit easier.
Welcome to the Ol' Pueblo, milliebfit!

Yeah, you'll manage to pump your own gas, Jersey girl! The city is built on a grid, so not too many chances of getting lost. Since we've got no ocean, watch the mountains at first!

Old 07-29-2008, 09:14 PM

514 posts, read 1,441,207 times
Welcome,And enjoy the views of nothing LOL

Old 07-29-2008, 09:16 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,156,261 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clnconcpts View Post
Welcome,And enjoy the views of nothing LOL
Now, now... don't scare off the newcomers. There are mountains after all. They may not be to everybody's taste, but they ARE mountains!

Old 07-29-2008, 09:34 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
A Big Ole Welcome, Milliefit!

Too bad you chose the worst weather time of the year but, just keep reminding yourself . . . July and August are the worst.

Don't hesitate to ask questions if you need help with anything.

Old 07-29-2008, 09:54 PM

529 posts, read 2,394,208 times
Hey welcome to Tucson! I remember you asking about North Ranch awhile back so glad to see things worked out.

If you have time check out the downtown block party sierra so graciously informed us of!

Old 07-29-2008, 09:56 PM

514 posts, read 1,441,207 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Now, now... don't scare off the newcomers. There are mountains after all. They may not be to everybody's taste, but they ARE mountains!
I was only teasing.We have some of the best sunsets.

Old 07-29-2008, 10:06 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clnconcpts View Post
I was only teasing.We have some of the best sunsets.
TOO LATE, Cinconcpts! ! ! ! !

Old 07-29-2008, 10:29 PM

687 posts, read 2,032,367 times
Welcome to Tucson from another newbie Tusconan Millibfit! We arrived the end of March ourselves. It's pretty easy to find your way around. Study a map and pay attention to some of the major roads going N/S or E/W and it will help you get your bearings. We're loving it here. Even Monsoon season

Old 07-29-2008, 10:31 PM

687 posts, read 2,032,367 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
TOO LATE, Cinconcpts! ! ! ! !

HA! Just last week I was driving to go shopping in town and was driving west on Valencia and saw such a beautiful sunset. It was gorgeous. And I was so ....content. Just driving alone. Quiet. Seeing the sunset against the mountains. I was kicking myself that I didn't bring my camera. And on the way home some of the monsoons were kicking up like southeast of town. Benson etc. But the lightening show was fantastic. Like fireworks in the sky. Such an awesome night between the sunset and the storms.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson