Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-04-2010, 06:57 PM

8,685 posts, read 16,756,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tamarind View Post
^^ Umm, it appears that long list of gangs has quite a few repeats, (like OP1, 12th avenue crips, 4th Ave Sugar Hill Gang)and some of them seem like just slight name variations making it seem longer than it actually is (if those are actual gangs)
Exactly, and where is the info from (credible source), how old, and/or this person has too much knowledge to deal with...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2010, 10:45 AM

6 posts, read 18,673 times
Hey, I used to live in a declining downtown Broadway neighborhood and received south-side, huge, intimidating graffiti all over the outside of my place. I hate calling police for anything, so just let my landlord know, and he came and spray painted over it. But after a few times, it was obvious these gangsters were intent on tagging my hood for an oncoming fight. (read about gangs) As someone here mentioned earlier, you are not going to see packs of kids wearing colors roaming the streets Hollywood style, but the gangs do exist and the violence is under reported so the police can keep on top of their activities. Also, they know that sensationalizing gang activity in the media only encourages gangs and gives them their desired noteriety.

Finally one day 4 police cars were outside my place taking pictures of the 8 foot grafitti in blue, and I went out and talked with the cops. One of them said "You should have a basket full of grenades to hurl out into the street, don't say I told you so." --to protect myself. The cops emphatically told me to call if there was "any suspicious activity at all". The grafitti and gangs seem underground and inter-family related and the bad stuff seems to happen in the middle of the night...@ 3 or 4 in the a.m.

Last edited by tasneem5655; 04-07-2010 at 10:47 AM.. Reason: adding a fact
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson