Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 11:51 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,077 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
You like that Sammy? Good, cuz I'm full of shtuff as a Christmas turkey and I got a million of em.

... and I still stand by every word I wrote

Thanx be unto the Almighty that there is still a person out there in the world who stix by his guns...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-18-2008, 10:40 AM

602 posts, read 2,064,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Thanx be unto the Almighty that there is still a person out there in the world who stix by his guns...

Hear, hear!

And we may give thanks to the Lord that you are probably still adhering to this well thought out position:

Quote:
Gangs: What exactly is a gang? I remember seeing a movie version of gangs in West Side Story. Loved Natalie Wood’s fake Spanish accent! Now, where exactly can one locate a gang? Are they roaming around the city parks? Are we experiencing “rumbles” under the freeways? Where will we find them – in the “ghettos”?
Seriously, has anyone ever seen a gang walking around town? Have you ever seen a crip or a blood or a jet or a shark or whatever they call themselves? Ever been to one of their gang meetings? Do they wear t-shirts with their gang name on the front? How do we connect with these so-called gangbangers? Do you suppose the Nabobs will research this for us? Answer: NO!

Old 08-18-2008, 06:13 PM

Smile Shhhhhh...

Hear, hear!

And we may give thanks to the Lord that you are probably still adhering to this well thought out position:

Quote:
Gangs: What exactly is a gang? I remember seeing a movie version of gangs in West Side Story. Loved Natalie Wood’s fake Spanish accent! Now, where exactly can one locate a gang? Are they roaming around the city parks? Are we experiencing “rumbles” under the freeways? Where will we find them – in the “ghettos”?
Seriously, has anyone ever seen a gang walking around town? Have you ever seen a crip or a blood or a jet or a shark or whatever they call themselves? Ever been to one of their gang meetings? Do they wear t-shirts with their gang name on the front? How do we connect with these so-called gangbangers? Do you suppose the Nabobs will research this for us? Answer: NO!

Quiet, azhiker... you big silly! Such a silly one you are! Did you forget already? Shhhhhh....

Remember... that post was not meant for us good guys. It was meant to hook the Nabobs to see if they would go and do research on gangs... You already even gave them a clue... remember? A very good one, too I might add!

Now quietly... hurry and go on a hike or something, okay? Shhhhhh...

Old 08-18-2008, 08:16 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Quiet, azhiker... you big silly! Such a silly one you are! Did you forget already? Shhhhhh....

Remember... that post was not meant for us good guys. It was meant to hook the Nabobs to see if they would go and do research on gangs... You already even gave them a clue... remember? A very good one, too I might add!

Now quietly... hurry and go on a hike or something, okay? Shhhhhh...
Ah, well, leave it to me to miss subtleties.

Anyway, yeah, I already went for a hike up on Mt Lemmon (actually Mt Bigelow, but right next door) today. So, so nice. I love it here.

Old 08-18-2008, 08:39 PM

Quote:
Ah, well, leave it to me to miss subtleties.

Anyway, yeah, I already went for a hike up on Mt Lemmon (actually Mt Bigelow, but right next door) today. So, so nice. I love it here.

Ladies and gentlemen:

I give you azhiker, a true lover and disciple of the good ol' Arid Zone. These are the types of constructive people which we warmly embrace and heartily desire more of!

We now return control of your keyboard back to you out there in computerland... and, azhiker... as a parting gift, please take with you 300-plus days of Arizona sunshine!

Old 08-19-2008, 10:00 AM

ZP, thanks for the kind words. And props to you too. It's a good thing that you are taking pride in your city.

You know, I didn't mean to hijack the thread or make it about me. I was just responding to the comments about gangs and graffiti that didn't jive with my own thoughts about them. Had no idea about any underlying motivations for posts. I was just taking the words at face value.

In spite of some differences about how we perceive the "G's", it seems like we both think this is a great place to live.

Onward and upward!

Old 08-19-2008, 10:48 AM

Quote:
ZP, thanks for the kind words. And props to you too. It's a good thing that you are taking pride in your city.

You know, I didn't mean to hijack the thread or make it about me. I was just responding to the comments about gangs and graffiti that didn't jive with my own thoughts about them. Had no idea about any underlying motivations for posts. I was just taking the words at face value.

In spite of some differences about how we perceive the "G's", it seems like we both think this is a great place to live.

Onward and upward!

All is well, azhiker! Never felt anything but good vibes from you, because of how you see Arizona.

Old 08-19-2008, 11:49 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,018,889 times
I feel like I need to break out the thesaurus after some of those previous posts.

Anyway, I tried to get into one of the gang meetings, but I left my invitation at home, and they just didn't buy it that I was MS-13.

Last year, we were up on Mt Lemmon by the ski lift area and a man and his son (like 4 years old) were graffiti-ing up a tree. The father was basically showing his son how to do it so you could see it well. My husband actually went up to him and started giving him s**t until they guy stopped doing it and left.

I'm pretty sure I'm not a "nabob"... of course by saying that I may sound like a defensive one. But, I'm trying to be active and productive in the community... even if it only has been my community for a year.

Old 08-19-2008, 12:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
I feel like I need to break out the thesaurus after some of those previous posts.
Okay, okay... sorry. I don't know what got into me. I think it's one of those deals where you're reading a book, and the author writes a certain way, and lo and behold, when you write something, it sort of comes out like the stuff you've been reading.

Or maybe I'm just a dipstick. All things considered, probably option B.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:58 PM

Exclamation Oh, no...

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post

Anyway, I tried to get into one of the gang meetings, but I left my invitation at home, and they just didn't buy it that I was MS-13.

Last year, we were up on Mt Lemmon by the ski lift area and a man and his son (like 4 years old) were graffiti-ing up a tree. The father was basically showing his son how to do it so you could see it well. My husband actually went up to him and started giving him s**t until they guy stopped doing it and left.

I'm pretty sure I'm not a "nabob"... of course by saying that I may sound like a defensive one. But, I'm trying to be active and productive in the community... even if it only has been my community for a year.

Oh, no... a below-radar, defensive "Nabob"... all right, you and hubby...both, OUT of Arizona... NOW!

Kiddin'.

Hmmm... Okay... I just waved my trusty scanner-wand over your post, and you didn't get much of a blip. Nope, not anywhere near true "Nabob" material. Some of these negomeisters really bury the needle, you know?.

Thanx for subjecting yourself to the test... and, after the ding, please feel free to wander around the state.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson