Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2008, 03:14 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,017,881 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
... and, after the ding, please feel free to wander around the state.
Oops... I forgot to wait for the ding.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2008, 06:08 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,346,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
oops... I forgot to wait for the ding.

ding!

Old 08-23-2008, 10:36 AM

1,222 posts, read 5,017,881 times
Talking I can't escape this thread!!

Quote:
“Ghettos”, Graffiti, and Gangs… The Three G's

The Three G's

Although he was never one of my fave peeps, I believe that Spiro Agnew had a great line:
"Those "Nattering Nabobs of Negativity".
I was watching some documentary on the 60's last night on PBS while drifiting off to sleep. All of the sudden, I was jerked out of my drifting off by the quote "nattering nabobs of negativity". All I could think of was ZP!! And, yes it was Spiro Agnew. ZP, I think it could be said that you're keeping me up at night.

Old 08-23-2008, 11:10 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,346,834 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
I was watching some documentary on the 60's last night on PBS while drifiting off to sleep. All of the sudden, I was jerked out of my drifting off by the quote "nattering nabobs of negativity". All I could think of was ZP!! And, yes it was Spiro Agnew. ZP, I think it could be said that you're keeping me up at night.

My bad!

Old 08-23-2008, 11:24 AM

1 posts, read 12,293 times
Default Looking to move

Hey everybody,
Am a Georgia gal (nature lover) looking to move out west. Can go anywhere...would like to have the beauty of nature at backdoor while not giving up too many of the conveniences when it comes to easy access to work (elementary schools), grocery stores, eateries...
I've been told Sedona has some remarkable beauty...any comments?

Old 05-27-2009, 07:59 AM

13 posts, read 41,100 times
tucson is TOTALLY ghetto. go up to the foothills and check that out too. check for the trash all over the place. the ONLY place that is NOT ghetto is the UA area because the relentless police presence keeps it out.

look around and you shall see.

just look at the way people dress here. large slabs of human flesh literally falling out of the fabric of their clothes. listen to the speech.

it is scary and it is accelerating. this will be the Summer of Hell in tucson.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:32 PM

643 posts, read 2,053,304 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WantOut456 View Post
tucson is TOTALLY ghetto. go up to the foothills and check that out too. check for the trash all over the place. the ONLY place that is NOT ghetto is the UA area because the relentless police presence keeps it out.

just look at the way people dress here. large slabs of human flesh literally falling out of the fabric of their clothes. listen to the speech.

This sounds like a good description of NC, too. Maybe our standards are too high?

Old 04-04-2010, 01:58 AM

1 posts, read 11,020 times
THERE IS NO GANGS IN TUSCON....except these

-Barrio Eighteen St Krazy Boyz (SouthSide, Many Territories Main 1: Cambell And Irvington) Very Dangerous People. 18 Street gang members are considered highly armed and dangerous. It's know to be World Wide.
- SouthEast Pantano Outlawz (southeast side, known to wear primarily maroon, also red and gray. south of Golf Links north of Irvington between Kolb & Camino Seco (Santa Rita HS/ Clements Center area)

- western Hills Posse Bloods (S of 36th E of Kino PKWY to Country Club (by Utterback); also some activity around 29th ST/Swan)
- Barrio Vista Bloods ( S of 36th E of Kino PKWY to Country Club (by Utterback) )
- 36th Street (Tre Six Bloods) (36th and Kino Area)
- South Park Family Gangsters (bloods) ( 36th and Park Ave area)
- Southside Blood Gang (unsure exact location)
- South Side Posse Bloods (various areas around Valencia and 12th ave)
- South Palo Verde Bloods (southside off Palo Verde road/ Valencia/Irvington)
- South East Hustler Bloods (southside near South Wilmot road/I-10 area)
- Mission Manor Park Bloods (between Irvington/valencia off of 12th ave)
- Edith Street Posse Bloods ( North of Grant between Country Club and Alvernon)
- East Side Posse Bloods ( spread out, but I know some live between 22nd and 29th around Craycroft Swan, etc)
- 29th Street Bloods (29th street, approx Craycroft to alvernon)
- V12 Bloods (valencia/12th)
- Midvale Park Blood Gang (Mission to Midvale Park, North of Valencia south of Irvington)
- Eastside Crips (Golf Links and Kolb area spreading out as far as Santa Rita HS)
- 29th street Crips (29th street spreading from Kolb to Craycroft?)
- Northside Crips ( NW side of town Orange Grove La Cholla?)
- 4th Avenue Sugar Hill Crips (Speedway to Grant, 1st Ave to 6th ave)
- Westside Crips ( Spread out over westside of town, from Cholla high south)
- Jollyville Crips ( Small hood located north of speedway, south of grant, east of silverbell)
-12th Avenue Crips( southside 12th ave area)
- Southside Loco Crips ( both sides of irvington, west of campbell east of park)
- A Mountain Crips (area just east/ SE of Cholla High School)
- 10th Ave PJ's Crips (North of 22nd of 10th avenue, just south of downtown by Drachman elementary)
- Menlo Park Crips ( South of St Marys road, west of 1-10 )
- Barrio Loco Crips (Located all over south side concentrated on Park Rd. and Irvington Rd.)
- Littletown Crips (Littletown neighborhood)
- Southside Crips/ Bilby Street Crips (Irvington to valencia, Campbell to Old Nogales HWY)
- Manzanita Park Lynch Mob Crips ( Mission to Cardinal, South of irvington north of Drexel Rd.)
- Barrio Locos Surenos La Tusa 13 A.k.a 'BLSX3' , uneasy approacher jackers, found round South Irvington Rd. and East of Park Rd.Also on the 6th ave area known to be armed.[Thier enemys include Bloods&Crips]
- Surenos La Tusa 13 A.k.a 'SLTX3"(located Drexel Rd. and Palo Verde Rd.)
- EZ Ryders Sur 13 La Tusa A.k.a "ERSX3"(6th ave area, Southside)[Thier enemys include Bloods&Crips]
- Surenos (located in various parts but primarily southside)
- Eastside Brown Pride (all over eastside)
- Southside Brown Pride (all over southside, possibly north of valencia and 12th/6th ave area)
- Northside Chicanos (north of grant, south of Ft Lowell, 1st ave to Stone)
- Barrio Chicano Southside (42nd street to irvington, 6th to 12th ave)
- Barrio Libre South Tucson (City of South Tucson)
- Barrio Nuevo Loco (primarily by the Pascua Yaqui reservation)
- Barrio Santa Rosa (north of 22nd south of downtown)
- Barrio Viejo (same as above)
- Westside Barrio Hollywood ( St Marys to speedway, 1-10 to silverbell)
- Westside Barrio Sovaco (speedway to grant, 1-10 to silverbell)
- Westside Barrio Anita (speedway to 6th street, 1-10 to oracle/main)
- Barrio Kroeger Lane (North of 22nd, just west of 1-10)
- Barrio Centro (south of 22nd street, country club to aviation)
- Barrio Vista Brown Pride ( South of 36th street, Kino to Country Club)
- OP1 (Old Pascua) (North of speedway, to grant, 1-10 to oracle (by the movie theatre)
- Barrio Blue Moon ( same as above, but more towards speedway)
- 22 St Tiny Dukes (NW side of town Orange Grove up to Cortaro farms 1-10 to La Cholla)
- Brown Mexican Pride (southside, unsure approx territories)
-Western Hills Posse Bloods (S of 36th E of Kino PKWY to Country Club (by Utterback); also some activity around 29th ST/Swan)
- Barrio Vista Bloods ( S of 36th E of Kino PKWY to Country Club (by Utterback) )
- 36th Street (Tre Six Bloods) (36th and Kino Area)
- South Park Family Gangsters (bloods) ( 36th and Park Ave area)
- Southside Blood Gang (unsure exact location)
- South Side Posse Bloods (various areas around Valencia and 12th ave)
- South Palo Verde Bloods (southside off Palo Verde road/ Valencia/Irvington)
- Mission Manor Park Bloods (between Irvington/valencia off of 12th ave)
- Edith Street Posse Bloods ( North of Grant between Country Club and Alvernon)
- East Side Posse Bloods ( spread out, but I know some live between 22nd and 29th around Craycroft Swan, etc)
- 29th Street Bloods (29th street, approx Craycroft to alvernon)
- V12 Bloods (valencia/12th)
- Midvale Park Blood Gang (Mission to Midvale Park, North of Valencia south of Irvington)
- Eastside Crips (Golf Links and Kolb area spreading out as far as Santa Rita HS)
- 29th street Crips (29th street spreading from Kolb to Craycroft?)
- Northside Crips ( NW side of town Orange Grove La Cholla?)
- 4th Avenue Sugar Hill Crips (Speedway to Grant, 1st Ave to 6th ave)
- Westside Crips ( Spread out over westside of town, from Cholla high south)
- Jollyville Crips ( Small hood located north of speedway, south of grant, east of silverbell)
-12th Avenue Crips( southside 12th ave area)
- Southside Loco Crips ( both sides of irvington, west of campbell east of park)
- A Mountain Crips (area just east/ SE of Cholla High School)
- 10th Ave PJ's Crips (North of 22nd of 10th avenue, just south of downtown by Drachman elementary)
- Menlo Park Crips ( South of St Marys road, west of 1-10 )
- Barrio Loco Crips (unsure)
- Littletown Crips (Littletown neighborhood)
- Southside Crips/ Bilby Street Crips (Irvington to valencia, Campbell to Old Nogales HWY)
- Manzanita Park Lynch Mob Crips ( Mission to Cardinal, South of irvington north of Drexel Rd.)
- Surenos (located in various parts but primarily southside)
- Sur 13 Easy Riders (unsure, Southside)
- Eastside Brown Pride (all over eastside)
- Southside Brown Pride (all over southside, possibly north of valencia and 12th/6th ave area)
- Northside Chicanos (north of grant, south of Ft Lowell, 1st ave to Stone)
- Barrio Chicano Southside (42nd street to irvington, 6th to 12th ave)
- Barrio Libre South Tucson (City of South Tucson)
- Barrio Nuevo Loco (primarily by the Pascua Yaqui reservation)
- Barrio Santa Rosa (north of 22nd south of downtown)
- Barrio Viejo (same as above)
- Westside Barrio Hollywood ( St Marys to speedway, 1-10 to silverbell)
- Westside Barrio Sovaco (speedway to grant, 1-10 to silverbell)
- Westside Barrio Anita (speedway to 6th street, 1-10 to oracle/main)
- Barrio Kroeger Lane (North of 22nd, just west of 1-10)
- Barrio Centro (south of 22nd street, country club to aviation)
- Barrio Vista Brown Pride ( South of 36th street, Kino to Country Club)
- OP1 (Old Pascua) (North of speedway, to grant, 1-10 to oracle (by the movie theatre)
- Barrio Blue Moon ( same as above, but more towards speedway)
- 22 St Tiny Dukes (NW side of town Orange Grove up to Cortaro farms 1-10 to La Cholla)
- Brown Mexican Pride (southside, unsure approx territories)
- DubDeuce Mafia Bloods (Southeast side, from 22nd n camino seco to 22nd and Craycroft)

Old 04-04-2010, 04:57 PM

33,387 posts, read 34,820,716 times
Quote:
Are you kiddin' me? I used to be President of the I Dunno Club!
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
LOL. I'm President and CEO of Hot Air Are Us!
zony, az, you two crack me up, presidents, i would be KING of the procrastinators except that i keep putting it off all the time

Quote:
Originally Posted by teacher3 View Post
Hey everybody,
Am a Georgia gal (nature lover) looking to move out west. Can go anywhere...would like to have the beauty of nature at backdoor while not giving up too many of the conveniences when it comes to easy access to work (elementary schools), grocery stores, eateries...
I've been told Sedona has some remarkable beauty...any comments?
you will find all kinds of natural beauty around arizona, far more than in georgia. we have everything from deserts to mountains to forests, even a number of nice lakes as well as the grand canyon. all of which are reachable from any point in the state with in a handful of hours.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WantOut456 View Post

by your user name i am guessing that you want to leave our fine city. my question is what is keeping you here?

i have lived here since 1962, and while things have changed over the years, they have changed everywhere. to date i have been in 27 states, and i have found that tucson is still one of the best places to live in the country. and yes i have been in far worse places than the barrios here in tucson. i have been in the LA barrios, the south side of chicago, as well as the poorer areas of philadelphia, st, louis, and a number of other cities, and i have found one thing that connects them all to the rest of the nation;

if you treat other people like people, you will have few problems with gang bangers, and other criminals, as long as you also stay on your guard. people are the same across the country and around the world, treat them right and you will have few problems, and may even make a few friends along the way.

just remember to keep your bravo sierra detectors in full operation, and limit what information you give to people, and you will generally be fine.

Old 04-04-2010, 05:48 PM

45 posts, read 184,605 times
^^ Umm, it appears that long list of gangs has quite a few repeats, (like OP1, 12th avenue crips, 4th Ave Sugar Hill Gang)and some of them seem like just slight name variations making it seem longer than it actually is (if those are actual gangs)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson