Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-21-2008, 11:59 PM

161 posts, read 693,085 times

Advertisements

Wanted to add that my mother in law who lives at Echo Ridge pays $195/mo association fees. And she's right on the busline with easy transfer to other routes as well.
Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2008, 09:10 PM

23,218 posts, read 29,031,323 times
Default There are three alike In Tucson

I looked at all three of those condo-co-ops and it looks like the same developer built all three of them in three different locations. I saw a unit or two in each complex and it appeard that they were all identically built, the big complex south of Reid Park (on the air force jet path-way too noisey) I believe on Palo VErde Street & Jones and the other one at Oxford, south of Echo Cliffs. Old buildings built with concrete-cinder block from the early 60's. I'm attracted to the solid construction of all three places and I feel safer, in case of fire, in a concrete building that a stick-built complex. And I like the tight controls in place. All three, I found, are near bus lines and the higher association dues do not deter me. But I need to learn more about the history of assessments, which is an uncomfortable unknown to me. But thanks for all the responses. I still have plenty of time to decide where I'll end up living in Tucson.

Old 08-23-2008, 09:18 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,147,085 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
the big complex south of Reid Park (on the air force jet path-way too noisey)
Don't go there! That's either close to or IN the Julia Keen neighborhood! It's notorious for the noise! It's iffy, too. If you are to get one of those get it in the complex on Broadway.

Old 08-26-2008, 10:03 PM

161 posts, read 693,085 times
Echo RIDGE

Old 02-22-2009, 02:38 PM

2 posts, read 9,951 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tijlover View Post
I was visiting Tucson last summer to look over housing possibilities and was shown 3 different co-op/condo projects, all built back in the 60's, one called Echo Cliff to the east, another just south of Reid Park and another called Oxford. I realize that with co-ops you pay cash and there's no financing but I was very impressed with the price and quality of the units and was just wondering if anyone knows anything else about these places and if they're good places to buy into and live in for some over 55.
With a coop you own nothing. In affect, you are awarded the right to lease the unit which is owned by the Association. You have no deed but you do have the exclusive right to the unit and there is no end to the lease which does not have to have to be renewed every year. Coops are a lot more restrictive and with the wrong leadership in place can be a nightmare.

Old 05-26-2010, 02:55 PM

3 posts, read 15,933 times
you won't make it in Tucson without a car. Buses run often but lots of transfers. Takes over an hour to get from Pima/Wilmot to Grant/Swan, a distance of appox 5 miles. think again about that...

Old 07-04-2015, 11:43 AM

1 posts, read 1,246 times
Someone please give me more info on a "patio home" in comparison to a co-op. I'm on the hunt for my Mom. She's over 65 and has two little dogs. so pet friendly is a must. she has a very nice retirement but does not want the hassles of home ownership, i.e. outdoor, indoor bumps in the night of OMG the AC went out and I don't have $4K to fix it. A place she doesn't have to fix scuppers, roof etc.

Thanks,

Miss Momo
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson