Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-27-2008, 08:11 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,059,604 times

Advertisements

- I love getting into accidents! I love tailgaters to begin with, but I simply adore them during a downpour!

- I'm thrilled to have my car dirty!

- I feel elated getting stalled on our great city streets built without proper drainage as if it never rains here!

- I'm just exhilarated having to drive on our pitch-black astronomer-friendly roads when it rains cats and dogs!

- The fun of not being able to get groceries is indescribable! If I'm lucky enough to be able to get groceries, I'm only left with the joy of having messed-up hair while trying to protect the bags.

- Speaking of my body, what feels better than having your feet wet?! Perhaps only having your suede shoes ruined can beat that pleasure!

- After spending the day in a claustrophobic cube under fluorescent lights, what's more delightful than finally getting out and enjoying dark clouds and heavy rain?!

- Of course, most of the very few smoking patios in town don't have solid roofs. My social life is flourishing! I'm so pleased!

- And the perky and happy exclamations of my coworkers any time they hear a thunder as if it's the first thunder in their exciting lives - priceless! I wonder why they're such masochists and don't move to Seattle and be ecstatic every day!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-27-2008, 08:23 PM

415 posts, read 1,679,271 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
- I love getting into accidents! I love tailgaters to begin with, but I simply adore them during a downpour!

You should try drivers in a snowstorm.

Quote:
- - Speaking of my body, what feels better than having your feet wet?! Perhaps only having your suede shoes ruined can beat that pleasure!
Suede, what were you thinking during monsoon season?

Quote:
- - After spending the day in a claustrophobic cube under fluorescent lights, what's more delightful than finally getting out and enjoying dark clouds and heavy rain?!
I really do sympathize.

You have mail, BTW.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:24 PM

20,004 posts, read 77,267,248 times
Quote:
- And the perky and happy exclamations of my coworkers any time they hear a thunder as if it's the first thunder in their exciting lives - priceless!
Thats pretty pathetic. lol I pity those who seriously jump for joy when they hear thunder. Thats the sign of some miserable people who pop wood for things that are run-of-the-mill elsewhere in this great planet of ours.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:27 PM

687 posts, read 2,030,046 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve-o View Post
Thats pretty pathetic. lol I pity those who seriously jump for joy when they hear thunder. Thats the sign of some miserable people who pop wood for things that are run-of-the-mill elsewhere in this great planet of ours.
Wow...females can pop wood?

Who knew?

Old 08-27-2008, 08:27 PM

Steve-O! Hey, I was thinking of you in my spider thread.....you would be so proud.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:28 PM

687 posts, read 2,030,046 times
I don't jump for joy, but I'll admit I'm one of those sorry people who loves thunderstorms. And loved them growing up in MI too. *shrug* Oh well.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by twojulybabies View Post
You should try drivers in a snowstorm.
I'd move if I wanted to.

Quote:
Suede, what were you thinking during monsoon season?
I don't. The dumb designers do, so the shoes can get wrecked quickly and you buy some more. There are so many of them with suede bottoms (or however the part on the other side of the sole is called) that they're simply unavoidable.

Old 08-27-2008, 08:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
I don't jump for joy, but I'll admit I'm one of those sorry people who loves thunderstorms. And loved them growing up in MI too. *shrug* Oh well.

*shrug too*

Me too. We never got storms like this in Buffalo. When I lived in Florida, we had some cool lightning storms every afternoon, but nothing like this. I guess it's a novelty. Kind of like living near Niagara Falls.

It's not like I call every one I know and say "look out the window".

Old 08-27-2008, 08:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
I don't jump for joy
I think they can enjoy them in private, particularly after being told numerous times how annoying they are to those not sharing their bliss! Because they do exactly what TJB said below! EVERY time!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twojulybabies View Post
It's not like I call every one I know and say "look out the window".

Old 08-27-2008, 08:38 PM

Quote:
I think they can enjoy them in private, particularly after being told numerous times how annoying they are to those not sharing their bliss! Because they do exactly what TJB said below! EVERY time!

LOL! I had no idea.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: