Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-01-2008, 06:00 PM

415 posts, read 1,680,997 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mi_Mom View Post
I will sheepishly admit it. I'm gonna miss the snow. I LOVE the first snowfall of the year (and I wasn't too far from you out in Western Washtenaw County!). I love the smell, sounds and sights of a blanket of snow on the lawns, trees, rooftops etc. The lights glistening underneath them. Decorating the tree with Christmas music on, the heat going and hot chocolate on the stove. *sigh* I think I'm gonna be a little homesick this Christmas season. All those Christmas songs that invoke things like "White Christmas" and "Sleighride" etc.

Of course when I'm grilling out Christmas Eve I might giggle at the thought.

I'll meet ya' up on Mt. Lemmon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Chili pepper lights, chili pepper lights, chili pepper lights!

Did I mention chili pepper lights?

Ooohhhh, I have those!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-01-2008, 06:58 PM

104 posts, read 319,454 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michael krotchie View Post

I always enjoy a wrapped saguaro cause I always wonder how many times the person got poked stringing up the lights. I normally go for the icicle lights around the trim of the house myself, used nails for a few years before I discovered those little white plastic clips, now I use those and can pull them off after the holidays are over and not have bent nails or holes on the trim of the house.

Or, you can build a 10x12 foot UofA logo replica and get sued by your HOA.
hahahaha

Old 10-02-2008, 08:20 PM

14 posts, read 92,005 times
Quote:

I always enjoy a wrapped saguaro cause I always wonder how many times the person got poked stringing up the lights. I normally go for the icicle lights around the trim of the house myself, used nails for a few years before I discovered those little white plastic clips, now I use those and can pull them off after the holidays are over and not have bent nails or holes on the trim of the house.

This may be a stupid question, but are you serious about the HOA filing suit?

I'm planning a move to Tucson in the near future. My only HOA experience was in Memphis, TN. I found out (luckily, not the hard way), that the only power my HOA had was to issue fines for directly violating the covenants, and if the fines weren't paid, they could attach al lien and collect the assessed fines (plus "reasonable" interest, as defined by the state of TN.) Can HOA's in AZ do more than this?

Old 10-02-2008, 08:55 PM

529 posts, read 2,393,361 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sh5583 View Post
This may be a stupid question, but are you serious about the HOA filing suit?

I'm planning a move to Tucson in the near future. My only HOA experience was in Memphis, TN. I found out (luckily, not the hard way), that the only power my HOA had was to issue fines for directly violating the covenants, and if the fines weren't paid, they could attach al lien and collect the assessed fines (plus "reasonable" interest, as defined by the state of TN.) Can HOA's in AZ do more than this?
It was actually the other way around; the HOA served us with a lawsuit if we failed to remove the decoration.

And yes, most HOA's here operate the same way as they do in TN. Where I live (in Gladden Farms) they can even charge you for weed removal services after you're served I *think* three times with notices and you don't resolve the problem.

Old 10-02-2008, 10:42 PM

1,222 posts, read 5,017,881 times
Quote:
It was actually the other way around; the HOA served us with a lawsuit if we failed to remove the decoration.

And yes, most HOA's here operate the same way as they do in TN. Where I live (in Gladden Farms) they can even charge you for weed removal services after you're served I *think* three times with notices and you don't resolve the problem.
We've got the weed police trolling our neighborhood too. I was out the other day weeding and I saw them cruising by with a digital camera. We have gotten a couple nasty-grams, but it wasn't as bad as what you're describing. The thing I have a beef with is that the common areas which they're supposed to be responsible continually have weeds encroaching on the sidewalk. Guess I'll have to take my camera on my next walk.

Old 10-05-2008, 12:24 AM

14 posts, read 92,005 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdtoaz View Post
We've got the weed police trolling our neighborhood too. I was out the other day weeding and I saw them cruising by with a digital camera. We have gotten a couple nasty-grams, but it wasn't as bad as what you're describing. The thing I have a beef with is that the common areas which they're supposed to be responsible continually have weeds encroaching on the sidewalk. Guess I'll have to take my camera on my next walk.
My mother actually still lives in the neighborhood to which I was referring. (www.riverwood-farms.com if you care), and they're just as crazy. There are a few HOA-owned/maintained lakes in the neighborhood, and if the security patrol sees you in the vicinity of it, you have to show a pass issued by the HOA, as well as a state-issued photo ID. When I was visiting her once in the recent past, I had my car parked in her driveway by the garage door and the rent-a-cops actually rang the bell at 11:30pm to tell me that I had to put the car inside of the garage and keep the door shut since I didn't have a Riverwood parking permit on the windshield. They said they'd have it impounded for being illegally parked if I failed to do this immediately (or take the static-cling parking decal from my mother's car, which was in the garage, and put it on my car). I thought it was the most absurd thing that they could harass me for parking my own car in my mother's driveway overnight while I was visiting from out of town. Hopefully, I won't have to deal with this crap in Tucson. I've never dealt with such a gestapoesque HOA.

Old 10-05-2008, 06:32 PM

20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by stan4 View Post
Chili pepper lights, chili pepper lights, chili pepper lights!

Did I mention chili pepper lights?
LOL

We already have some of those set aside for when we get down there (4-5 years away maybe).

Of, course my wife was a floral designer and so we have 6-7 different themes for our 3 different Christmas trees.

Ken

Old 10-10-2008, 07:14 PM

559 posts, read 1,463,814 times
Quote:

If you would have put ASU you wouldn't have had that problem.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson