Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-12-2008, 06:44 PM

684 posts, read 1,186,163 times

Advertisements

After searching through apartmentratings.com and several other sites, I've narrowed down to a few apartment complexes (1 or 2 BR units) and found this forum and figured I'd post a generic if any recent rents have any good recommendations? I'm primarily looking for areas 30min from the airport vicinity (work) and prefferably in a safer neighborhood.

Current list I plan on at least checking out possibly: La Entrada, Edgewood Apartment, Finisterra, Stargate West, Altamira Apartments, Woodridge, El Dorado Place, and Redondo Tower.

I also wonder what direction the general flow of 'rush hour traffic' happens since the roadway system in Tucson seems fairly poorly planned out.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-12-2008, 07:50 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Sorry, Mohtalim, during the "Snowbird Season" there is no general flow of traffic. Commuting in Tucson is a BOOGER mainly because there are no freeways!

How much are you willing and/or expecting to pay? Do you prefer a big complex or something a little less commercial? The reason I ask is there are a couple of Patio Homes in my area For Rent (either 2 Bedrooms and 2 Baths with about 1200 sq ft or 3 Bedrooms and 2 Baths with about 1400 sq ft and both have a full 2 car garage).

Other than that . . . not much help.

Old 10-16-2008, 12:44 AM

16 posts, read 23,574 times
Please tell me what is a "patio home"? DH and I are in Tucson right now visiting and would like to check out a few apartments. Feeling a little overwelmed as I don't know where to start. We will be moving here around May-July of next year. When I check out the apartment reviews on the internet, they all pretty much suck, talking about vandalized cars & what not. We need a storage or garage because DH has a harley. We are looking to pay under $1,000. a month. We want to be in a decent neighborhood. All we need is 1 bedroom. Would like to be as close to the kolb/speedway intersection area as possible (work).
Thanks!

Old 10-16-2008, 10:41 AM

9,601 posts, read 31,695,251 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonwifey View Post
Please tell me what is a "patio home"? DH and I are in Tucson right now visiting and would like to check out a few apartments. Feeling a little overwelmed as I don't know where to start. We will be moving here around May-July of next year. When I check out the apartment reviews on the internet, they all pretty much suck, talking about vandalized cars & what not. We need a storage or garage because DH has a harley. We are looking to pay under $1,000. a month. We want to be in a decent neighborhood. All we need is 1 bedroom. Would like to be as close to the kolb/speedway intersection area as possible (work).
Thanks!
No expert but here's my perception, Tucsonwifey . . .

A relatively small home with most of the amenities of a single story home without the yard work and responsibilities plus many of the amenities of a condo.

About ten years ago it was a new concept for me but, although not perfect, I've been very happy with my choice.

Good Luck

Old 10-16-2008, 02:36 PM

4,922 posts, read 8,571,496 times
A patio home is usually a one story home, sometimes attached to a next door home, with just a patio and tiny, tiny yard usually with a fence of some kind surrounding the patio. Most will usually have a garage or carport attached.

Tucson Condos, Tucson Town Homes, & Tucson Patio Homes

Old 10-17-2008, 11:16 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,533,313 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonwifey View Post
Thanks!
You may want to try the Condominiums at Williams Centre (View Condominium at Williams Centre, The Apartments For Rent in Tucson, Arizona - ForRent.com).

They have some floor plans within the price range, have some units with attached garages as well as satellite garages available. On Broadway and Craycroft, about five minutes from Kolb/Speedway.

It is a gated, and very quiet community. Neighbors are generally extremely friendly as well.

Old 10-23-2008, 01:18 PM

67 posts, read 292,103 times
We rented a condo (gated) at Pinnacle Canyon on Kolb/Sunrise and hubby commuted to airport area with no traffice issues. Beautiful, well kept, no noise, no safety issues and had covered parking; some have garages. I highly recommend them.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: