Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-25-2008, 01:15 PM

36 posts, read 274,433 times

Advertisements

If anyone here is interested in Buddhism, meditation or anything similar let me know and I can give you a heads up on a beautiful little Buddhist temple/meditation center on the east side that I go to on a regular basis to get some down time and just sit around and talk with the Monks (3 Monks from Thailand live and teach there). Its a great place to sit and relax and just hang out and calm the mind and center yourself a little and there is certainly NO MONEY involved, it is free of charge and always open to anyone who wants to come and visit.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-25-2008, 05:49 PM

602 posts, read 2,063,850 times
I've been looking to do some meditation. Specifics please?

Old 08-25-2008, 06:12 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,139,890 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
I've been looking to do some meditation. Specifics please?
Guess I could use some of that, too, so please tell.

Old 08-25-2008, 06:20 PM

I will PM those interested so as not to post the number on the board and flood the poor monks with too many phone calls at once =)

We will be at the TUCSON MEET YOURSELF FESTIVAL in Oct, the temple has a thai food booth (voted number one food booth every year!) to help raise money and awareness for the temple each year. That is certainly one way to make contact with us, I will also PM anyone the number and address to the temple and you can call or stop by anytime and visit or just sit and relax and read something from the library we have there.

Old 08-25-2008, 07:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonemasonry View Post
I will PM those interested so as not to post the number on the board and flood the poor monks with too many phone calls at once =)

We will be at the TUCSON MEET YOURSELF FESTIVAL in Oct, the temple has a thai food booth (voted number one food booth every year!) to help raise money and awareness for the temple each year. That is certainly one way to make contact with us, I will also PM anyone the number and address to the temple and you can call or stop by anytime and visit or just sit and relax and read something from the library we have there.
I've looked into such ideas when my mind goes totally out of whack , but never really acted on it. Please send me the info if you're not afraid I'll wreak too much havoc in your temple.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:39 PM

602 posts, read 2,063,850 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I've looked into such ideas when my mind goes totally out of whack , but never really acted on it. Please send me the info if you're not afraid I'll wreak too much havoc in your temple.
lol. Me too. Hide the monks! Hurricane Sierra's comin to town.

Tried to rep you on this but was told I need to spread the love around.

Old 08-25-2008, 09:47 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
lol. Me too. Hide the monks! Hurricane Sierra's comin to town.

Tried to rep you on this but was told I need to spread the love around.
Well, I've gotta say I haven't received any DM, so... my assessment might've been correct...

On a more serious note, I believe I've come across this place on the East side in my searches before. Monks, be afraid, be very afraid, as I also live on this side of town!

Old 08-25-2008, 10:57 PM

This is a website that the monks and many other monks from all around the world contribute to, for further reading/study about Buddhism:

Accesstoinsight.info

Old 08-26-2008, 07:43 AM

529 posts, read 2,393,554 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stonemasonry View Post

For those of you who don't know about it here's a link: Tucson Meet Yourself, Tucson Festival, Tucson Folk Arts, Tucson Entertainment

Great food, interesting dancing, good fun

Old 08-26-2008, 09:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by michael krotchie View Post
For those of you who don't know about it here's a link: Tucson Meet Yourself, Tucson Festival, Tucson Folk Arts, Tucson Entertainment

Great food, interesting dancing, good fun
Thanks for posting the link! It is indeed a fun weekend and the food is GREAT all around, all sorts of different ethnic foods are presented by various groups within the Tucson community along with music and traditional dancing etc. It is something everyone in Tucson should experience at least once, and the prices are VERY reasonable, they keep them low so that you are able to taste the many different kinds of foods at each booth without going broke.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson