Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-12-2014, 04:57 PM

3 posts, read 14,593 times

Advertisements

OK, I will be retiring in the next year or so and am trying to get HOA Fee's information and lot premium fees charged by Robson-Saddlebrooke. I also need to know if private swimming pools are allowed in the rear yard. Also, out of all the robson communities in AZ; which is the most desirable?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2014, 07:53 PM

59 posts, read 147,724 times
I believe all that information is available on the web sites that advertise homes for sale or rent. It has to be disclosed what the HOA fees are and should be verified with the property manager as well. I would search an address in Saddlebrooke and see what information is included. I'm sure someone here will respond with more specific numbers. Good Luck.

Old 01-13-2014, 08:36 PM

8,869 posts, read 16,316,053 times
I've been to a couple of houses in the newer SaddleBrooke Ranch that had pools in the backyards. Although given how swanky the neighborhood pools are, I can't imagine why anyone would want one.

Old 01-15-2014, 09:15 AM

5 posts, read 26,785 times
There are 3 Robson Saddlebrooke communities N of Tucson - Saddlebrooke (SB), The Preserve (adjacent to SB and part of HOA 2 but marketed as a more upscale community), and Saddlebrooke Ranch. SB has 2 HOA's - HOA 1 constitutes the original SB development and is run by the residents, HOA fees there are higher to account for a shortfall in their capital investment fund and to own and operate their golf course (27 holes) which was purchased from Robson. SB HOA 2 fees are $890 a year which provides access to the pools/gyms/tennis cts/etc. The golf courses (2) are owned by Robson and cost extra. Lot fees vary significantly based on views and market - in SB they can vary from $0 to @125k or more. Private pools are common despite the well maintained community pools. Preserve is more exclusive but all of SB is very nice. SB Ranch is 5 miles N of SB - It's a newer development - don't know costs - but home prices are lower.

Old 01-16-2014, 04:18 PM

105 posts, read 227,665 times
I returned from a 4 day Tucson trip last December. I was searching for retirement communities. My favorites in order...

Highlands at Dove Mountain $170 HOA
Quail Creek by Robson about $140 HOA not sure though
Old Saddlebrook by Robson.

I would not consider Saddlebrook Ranch despite nice homes nd great amenities. It's on a high flat area and was very windy. I hear the wind is not unusual.

I didn't look at Sun City Vistoso due to older age of homes but pictures and descriptions seem fine

I didn't like Rancho del Lago by Del Webb in the least. cramped, no golf, surrounded by poor areas.

Dove Mountain has homes as new as 2007 but no brand new homes being built. It has the most attractive lush desert vegetation around it, numerous golf courses and is a class, master planned community, including million dollar homes and a Ritz Calrton. Several homes on golf course or with wonderful desert views as well as mountain views were available for re-sale. It is not an area that is going to have RV storage or trailer parks added nearby after you move in.

Quail Creek has resale and new homes. Very nice amenities, its own golf course and many nice mountain views. We liked this are surrounded by pecan orchards. BUT it is also in close proximity to VERY LARGE copper mines. It is also south of the city and the southside of town is the least attractive, but there is a good deal of open country between Tucson and Quail Creek.

Old Saddlebrook was large community with newer resale homes and even the possibility of new construction of homes being sold at Saddlebrook Ranch. View ca be pretty nice and I liked the feel but my wife didn't.

I originally wanted a new home but after looking around I don't think so, they get too expensive. If you look at a $280,000 model at new Robeson SBR or Quail it will end up at least 30% more with upgrades, followed by lot fees of $20,000 to $120,000 followed by landscaping. I found a 2300SF model I liked that was move in ready for $510,000 rather than $310,000 with upgrades and golf course location.

I found every single person I met both in retirement communities and around the city to be very friendly, very helpful, much more so than my home, the Los Angeles area. We bought cheap gas, ate great food, drove on mostly good roads (except Grant) The area was much larger than I expected from viewing a map. Downtown is however quite small. You can see the whole thing in about 14 minutes. My first visit was expected to be good but was more pleasant than I imagined.

Steve

Old 01-16-2014, 07:42 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,747,458 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sownman View Post

Dove Mountain has homes as new as 2007 but no brand new homes being built. It has the most attractive lush desert vegetation around it, numerous golf courses and is a class, master planned community, including million dollar homes and a Ritz Calrton. Several homes on golf course or with wonderful desert views as well as mountain views were available for re-sale. It is not an area that is going to have RV storage or trailer parks added nearby after you move in.
Actually they have started some new construction again in Dove Mountain. Del Webb is building a new Active Adult community there this year. Model homes are already under construction I believe. Dell Webb Dove Mountain.

Old 01-20-2014, 01:20 PM

105 posts, read 227,665 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RickTucsonHomes View Post
Actually they have started some new construction again in Dove Mountain. Del Webb is building a new Active Adult community there this year. Model homes are already under construction I believe. Dell Webb Dove Mountain.
As of December 29th it didn't look like anything had started yet, but I am aware of it and will be looking before making final decisions. Thanks

Steve

Old 01-26-2014, 07:15 PM

11 posts, read 65,477 times
Default I love this place

I purchased a home in Saddlebrooke in March 2013. A 2500 foot home for 182,500 cash. It needs some updating. The HOA dues are approx. $200 a month which gives you access to all the Robsons' communities. There is also a $2300 buy in fee. The golf fees are extras. The house is approx 20 years old but it is heaven. Do it if you can. I am bias as of the moment. :>) Love my new retirement!!

Old 02-23-2014, 07:09 AM

17 posts, read 42,752 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by jgpool View Post
I purchased a home in Saddlebrooke in March 2013. A 2500 foot home for 182,500 cash. It needs some updating. The HOA dues are approx. $200 a month which gives you access to all the Robsons' communities. There is also a $2300 buy in fee. The golf fees are extras. The house is approx 20 years old but it is heaven. Do it if you can. I am bias as of the moment. :>) Love my new retirement!!
Can you keep us or me (private note) on your future experiences at Saddlebrooke as new resident? I've been there several times and loved it. I now live in S. Florida, but not a 55+ community. Just starting to do my research. Golf is not a priority, making friends, common interests, travel, activities is. In AZ, looking at Oro Valley and Robson. In FL, so far Leesburg is a top contender.

Old 04-11-2017, 03:27 PM

1 posts, read 3,474 times
Hi everyone,

We need your feedback regarding the Saddlebrooke Ranch homes: We stopped by to explore the community and fell in love at first sight with everything. --- However, there are several matters that need to be addressed before we purchase a home there:
* Water sources, availability and average cost per month
* Additional "Lot View" fees when purchasing a new home
* "Buy-in" Fees (WHAT are these?)
* Fixed HOA annual costs or are they increased periodically
*What do current owners say about the development in general, (i.e., quality of life, neighbors, pools and equipment availability, visiting minors and children allowed?, etc.) --- THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR FEEDBACK! Peter
(PSchles371@wavecable.com)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson