U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 02-10-2009, 09:45 AM

6 posts, read 19,774 times

Advertisements

i had the same TERRIBLE attitude that i see many of you have about my hometown Tucson. i used to be just like you people - calling my city 'ghetto', trashing its freeway system, whining like little girls about this and that.

well let me tell you now that i moved to new england to take a job, i would give ANYTHING to move back. if you guys hate tucson so much, i invite you to move out here.

complaining about the Sun, i take it?? well out here THERE IS NO SUN for 4 months out of the year. just cloudy, cold and dreary. its depressing.

complaining about 100degree weather?? well come out here and shovel snow with me for 45 minutes just to clear a path so you can drive to work.

complaining about not being able to walk in tucson without worrying about crime? great - come out here AND YOU WONT EVEN BE ABLE TO WALK YOUR DOG because its so cold. you get to STAY INSIDE ALL WINTER.

complaining about the freeway system in tucson? GREAT- come out here and drive 5 miles an hour because if you go any faster you will slide off the road into a tree!

my point is that you NEVER realize what you have until its gone. I miss tucson with every ounce of my soul since i left here. I miss the weather, the beautiful moutain views, the great mexican food, walking my dog in the park IN SHORTS in the middle of winter, the proximity to phoenix, vegas and san diego where i can do big city stuff, but come home to a smaller town.

tucson is a great town and to those of you trashing it: i invite you to move somewhere else for a while out of state and then come back and lets see what you have to say.

that is all- thank you for listening to my rant
Rate this post positively

Old 02-10-2009, 10:02 AM

602 posts, read 1,888,553 times
I completely agree with you, tucsonBoy.

Hope you get to come back home soon.

Old 02-10-2009, 10:05 AM

1,628 posts, read 6,050,642 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by tucsonBoy View Post
i had the same TERRIBLE attitude that i see many of you have about my hometown Tucson. i used to be just like you people - calling my city 'ghetto', trashing its freeway system, whining like little girls about this and that.

well let me tell you now that i moved to new england to take a job, i would give ANYTHING to move back. if you guys hate tucson so much, i invite you to move out here.

complaining about the Sun, i take it?? well out here THERE IS NO SUN for 4 months out of the year. just cloudy, cold and dreary. its depressing.

complaining about 100degree weather?? well come out here and shovel snow with me for 45 minutes just to clear a path so you can drive to work.

complaining about not being able to walk in tucson without worrying about crime? great - come out here AND YOU WONT EVEN BE ABLE TO WALK YOUR DOG because its so cold. you get to STAY INSIDE ALL WINTER.

complaining about the freeway system in tucson? GREAT- come out here and drive 5 miles an hour because if you go any faster you will slide off the road into a tree!

my point is that you NEVER realize what you have until its gone. I miss tucson with every ounce of my soul since i left here. I miss the weather, the beautiful moutain views, the great mexican food, walking my dog in the park IN SHORTS in the middle of winter, the proximity to phoenix, vegas and san diego where i can do big city stuff, but come home to a smaller town.

tucson is a great town and to those of you trashing it: i invite you to move somewhere else for a while out of state and then come back and lets see what you have to say.

that is all- thank you for listening to my rant
I agree with almost everything you said. The part I don't agree is that "you never realize what you have until it's gone." I loved Tucson when I lived there and would never have left if it were up to me. I DID realize exactly how great it is!!! (I'd lived lots of places beforehand though, so I guess I came in with perspective)!

And of course not everyone likes the same thing. I'm sure there are people in Tucson wishing they could get back to New England!

Old 02-10-2009, 10:22 AM

20,799 posts, read 8,961,647 times
Hang in there..spring is coming!

Old 02-10-2009, 10:25 AM

529 posts, read 2,207,661 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazyworld View Post
Hang in there..spring is coming!
Lol spring was here last week and then it decided to take a break!

Old 02-10-2009, 10:31 AM

20,444 posts, read 23,882,355 times
Yeah, I am sooooooooo looking forward to "suffering" through all that weather that folks in Tucson complain about

After 50 plus years of living in cool climate parts of the world, I am complete ready for a MAJOR change.

Ken

Old 02-10-2009, 10:54 AM

2,916 posts, read 7,581,752 times
Ah, yes! You gotta love Tucson Boy and his positive commentary! Hey, man... come back to the great Arid Zone soon. We'll be here!

Old 02-10-2009, 11:18 AM

522 posts, read 1,428,130 times
Tucsonboy, well stated! I can say the same for the Chicago area. It's supose to be 62 today and everyone wants to go home. Why? Because we get so few days that are nice and they usually are during the week. Also it's going to be bellow freezing again by the weekend.

We get a couple of warm days and the kids can't even play outside because everything is totally soaked and muddy. (from all of the melted snow) And by the weekend everything will be frozen again.

And just like New England, there is not much sun during the whole winter....and a good part of the summer too.

Can't wait to move!

Old 02-10-2009, 12:21 PM

42,835 posts, read 81,573,593 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
We'll be here!
Yep! Even I will be here!

Old 02-10-2009, 12:24 PM

3,966 posts, read 9,764,554 times
hahaha. I never complained about Tucson besides the lack of opportunity, but even that i suppose was my own fault. Hope you find your way back to my birth home.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or