Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-12-2009, 03:04 PM

300 posts, read 949,109 times

Advertisements

I am visiting Phoenix in March and plan to take a trip and come check out Tucson.

I've been thinking about moving here.

I have lived in Phoenix for three years and moved last year to Chicago.

I don't want to live in a overpopulated city anymore, its not exactly what I thought it would be and I don't want to move back to Phoenix. Want something more relaxed slower paced.

I am a 25 year old male with 4 years IT experience.

How can one get the feel of Tucson? Any suggestions?

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-12-2009, 03:37 PM

1,024 posts, read 2,736,326 times
Default Move to Tucson Info

Tucson Info

Arizona Info

Tucson Jobs Info

Tucson Cost of Living Info

Hope this helps

Old 02-12-2009, 04:09 PM

529 posts, read 2,386,489 times
In addition to reading the above, I'd devote a few days for just experiencing the town. Get out and drive around. Have lunch at a few hole-in-the-wall places. Hit up Sabino Canyon for a morning hike. Stroll down 4th or around the University. Visit some tourist traps and loosen the wallet a bit. If it's your scene, check out couple clubs/bars.

If you want something more relaxed than Phoenix, Tucson is definitely it.

Old 02-13-2009, 04:26 AM

63 posts, read 204,602 times
with you being used to Phoenix and Chicago maybe Tucson will seem like a small city to you, but coming from New England I find Tucson HUGE!!!!! I've never seen so many people jammed into one place before....but I still love it...it's a totally new experience for this old farm boy....

Old 02-13-2009, 12:46 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,321,068 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fofinger View Post
with you being used to Phoenix and Chicago maybe Tucson will seem like a small city to you, but coming from New England I find Tucson HUGE!!!!! I've never seen so many people jammed into one place before....but I still love it...it's a totally new experience for this old farm boy....
Fofinger for City Council!

Old 02-13-2009, 01:10 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,965,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by fofinger View Post
And yet it's just a conglomerate of suburb-looking neighborhoods. I was gonna say villages, but the word "village" these days has a different way cooler connotation. Pretty much all your needs are easily met within a few square miles and there isn't much of a reason to hit the rest of the sprawl...

Old 02-17-2009, 12:40 AM

5 posts, read 11,874 times
Interesting history side note. Chicago and Tucson have one thing (a person) in common. Bank robbers.
John Dillinger and his heavily armed gang were captured in Tucson and remanded back to the mid-west.
Later, the stylish Dillinger, "a Modern Robin Hood" ended up dead in a Chicago alley.

Old 02-17-2009, 07:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
And yet it's just a conglomerate of suburb-looking neighborhoods. I was gonna say villages, but the word "village" these days has a different way cooler connotation. Pretty much all your needs are easily met within a few square miles and there isn't much of a reason to hit the rest of the sprawl...
The good news is that you get a Circle K in every neighborhood! Count your blessings!

Old 02-17-2009, 08:00 AM

42,831 posts, read 87,965,605 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
The good news is that you get a Circle K in every neighborhood! Count your blessings!
Not in mine, thank goodness! Even though, as I've said before, I'd welcome some light thrown in that pitch black hole any day, preferably by a different source!

Old 02-17-2009, 08:21 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Not in mine, thank goodness! Even though, as I've said before, I'd welcome some light thrown in that pitch black hole any day, preferably by a different source!
I'll get planning-and-zoning on the phone, and see if we can work a 7-11 in there...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: