Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 03-05-2010, 04:37 PM
 
Location: Miramar, FL
117 posts, read 286,749 times
Reputation: 64

Advertisements

Thread revival, lol...

Dont forget about the Thunderbirds Airshow at D-M on March 20-21st!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 03-05-2010, 05:03 PM
 
Location: Baja Arizona
2,916 posts, read 8,346,834 times
Reputation: 1141
Quote:
Originally Posted by polo708 View Post
Thread revival, lol...

Dont forget about the Thunderbirds Airshow at D-M on March 20-21st!
Thanx, Polo!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2010, 12:18 AM
 
Location: West of the Catalinas East of the Tortolitas
4,922 posts, read 8,568,915 times
Reputation: 8044
2010 Upcoming Thunderbirds Schedule
Please Verify The 2010 Upcoming Thunderbirds Schedule Before Attending.
March 20, 21 - Davis Monthan AFB, Arizona


I have confirmation from son in law that indeed, there will be an airshow at D-M on March 20-21. He's going to be there as he'll be in the states at Jackson, MS for training, then joining the C-17 crew with the 55th Airlift Squadron and the 97th Air Mobility Wing Geronimo--Ever Vigilant-- out of Altus, AFB. So, we'll go and wear our 55th shirts and shock the pilots on the Altus C-17. The C-17 will be stationary for tours, but there will probably be a lot of stunt planes, F-16's, and other aerial demonstrations, as well as booths, food, souvenirs and a meet and greet with the Thunderbird pilots. The air shows are really a lot of fun! And they do bring out my patriotic side! Plus, I love harassing the crews that are on the C-17. When they get a little cocky, I just tell them that I know all about the C-17 because their boss is my son in law. That usually gets them sitting up straight, wiping the smirks off their faces, and saying "Yes, Ma'am"!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2010, 09:22 AM
 
Location: Oro Valley AZ.
1,024 posts, read 2,746,607 times
Reputation: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofIL View Post
I'll have to agree that recently (last 10-15 yrs) things have been going down hill. I used to think that the end of the cold war was a good thing but it really wasn't.

I think our government is slowly turning into a Oligarchy/Plutocracy. We have already seen that the popular vote means nothing. We recently had another President elected against popular the popular vote, George W, but that wasn't the first time.

1824 John Quincy adams--had more than 38000 fewer votes than Andrew Jackson--neither had a majority of electoral votes and it was determined by the House of Representatives

1876 Rutherford B hays had a 1 vote margin in the Electoral college even though he lost by 264,000 popular votes to Samual J Tilden

1888 Benjamin Harrison lost the popular vote by 95,713 to Grover cleveland but won the electoral vote by 65.

And we all know what happened with Bush.
You failed to mention Bill Clinton, in the 92 election more people voted against him than voted for him.

1992 Election Results:
For Clinton 43.01 %
Against Clinton 56.99%
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2010, 09:24 AM
 
Location: Oro Valley AZ.
1,024 posts, read 2,746,607 times
Reputation: 1196
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofIL View Post
I'll have to agree that recently (last 10-15 yrs) things have been going down hill. I used to think that the end of the cold war was a good thing but it really wasn't.

I think our government is slowly turning into a Oligarchy/Plutocracy. We have already seen that the popular vote means nothing. We recently had another President elected against popular the popular vote, George W, but that wasn't the first time.

And we all know what happened with Bush.
Not a big Bush fan either, but would gladly take him again instead or OWE-Bama.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2010, 10:24 AM
 
602 posts, read 2,063,681 times
Reputation: 407
Dear Mr. Tucson,

Do you know what movie this scene from the boneyard is from?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2010, 12:50 PM
 
Location: Baja Arizona
2,916 posts, read 8,346,834 times
Reputation: 1141
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
Dear Mr. Tucson,

Do you know what movie this scene from the boneyard is from?
I found the following movies (below) which were filmed in Tucson. As far as which ones were filmed at the Boneyard, I happen to know that some of the second Transformers (Revenge of the Fallen) was filmed there. As for the scene which you are referring to I'm not sure which movie that's from exactly. However, the dude looks like either a younger John Cusak, or Shia LaBouf. Sorry if that doesn't help you immediately...


Tucson
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2010, 01:35 PM
 
Location: SE Arizona - FINALLY! :D
20,460 posts, read 26,319,675 times
Reputation: 7627
Quote:
Originally Posted by Just me in Oro Valley View Post
You failed to mention Bill Clinton, in the 92 election more people voted against him than voted for him.

1992 Election Results:
For Clinton 43.01 %
Against Clinton 56.99%
True, but at least in Clintons' case he got more votes than anyone else.

Ken
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2010, 04:24 PM
 
602 posts, read 2,063,681 times
Reputation: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
I found the following movies (below) which were filmed in Tucson. As far as which ones were filmed at the Boneyard, I happen to know that some of the second Transformers (Revenge of the Fallen) was filmed there. As for the scene which you are referring to I'm not sure which movie that's from exactly. However, the dude looks like either a younger John Cusak, or Shia LaBouf. Sorry if that doesn't help you immediately...
It was Patrick Dempsey and Amanda Peterson in the coming of age film Can't Buy Me Love. Just a silly little movie, but kinda cute though.

Last edited by azhiker; 03-06-2010 at 04:33 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 03-06-2010, 04:53 PM
 
Location: Baja Arizona
2,916 posts, read 8,346,834 times
Reputation: 1141
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
It was Patrick Dempsey and Amanda Peterson in the coming of age film Can't Buy Me Love. Just a silly little movie, but kinda cute though.
Hey, I do remember that this movie was mentioned to me once, but for this particular thread I drew a blank!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson

All times are GMT -6.

¬© 2005-2024, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top