U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 02-16-2009, 10:52 AM
 
Location: Baja Arizona
2,916 posts, read 7,778,723 times
Reputation: 1135

Advertisements

Dear Mr Tucson: Every once in a while I'll see these "I Love Jet Noise" bumper stickers or T-shirts around town. Is there an air show or something coming up? My dad and I love airplanes, and we'd love to go see an air show!
Signed - Air Force Brat

Dear Air Force Brat: Tucson used to have an annual air show at Davis-Monthan Air Force Base, and huge crowds would marvel to the airobatics of the Thunderbirds (Air Force) and the Blue Angels (Navy), as well as being able to see many other exhibitions and displays. Lately, the DMAFB air shows have been few and far between, and I'm hoping that they haven't just ended, because I really miss them!

Here are some websites regarding info on some upcoming air shows and events in Arizona: Yuma Airshow 2009, Luke Air Force Base - Home, Planes of Fame Air Museum - Official Site, COPPERSTATE Fly-In.

Here's a calendar of 2009 airshows and other related events and doings across the USA as well: Air Shows - Event Calendar of Air Shows & Dates

Here is a website for Davis-Monthan AFB for more interesting info. Plus, don't forget that you can tour the Pima Air and Space Museum, where you can also set up a tour for the
"Boneyard" at DMAFB! By the way, I'll bet you didn't know that Charles Lindbergh was in Tucson back in Sept 23-24, 1927, and even Amelia Earhart came to Tucson in the 1930's! How's THAT for Tucson air history?

- Mr Tucson
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 02-16-2009, 10:59 AM
 
Location: Tucson
42,835 posts, read 83,670,435 times
Reputation: 22814
Default "I Hate JET Noise"!

And I'm pretty sure, Mr. Ol’ Dusty Pueblo, that nobody gives a rat's patootie about either your preference or mine!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2009, 11:10 AM
 
Location: Baja Arizona
2,916 posts, read 7,778,723 times
Reputation: 1135
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
And I'm pretty sure, Mr. Ol’ Dusty Pueblo, that nobody gives a rat's patootie about either your preference or mine!
Jets are wonderful. They signify FREEDOM!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2009, 11:23 AM
 
Location: Tucson
522 posts, read 1,470,466 times
Reputation: 703
Quote:
Jets are wonderful. They signify FREEDOM!
Way to go Zony!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2009, 11:27 AM
 
Location: Tucson
42,835 posts, read 83,670,435 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Jets are wonderful. They signify FREEDOM!


http://www.amfirstbooks.com/IntroPag...ed.246x246.gif
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2009, 11:49 AM
 
Location: Tucson
522 posts, read 1,470,466 times
Reputation: 703


Let me see if I got this right.............

We fought against England with force to create this great country. Then we fought against Germany and then Japan with even greater force to keep this great country. (otherwise we woule be speaking German or Japanese now) The latter used planes (war planes) to accomplish this. Now because of this everyone wants to live here.

How exactly is this brainwashing?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2009, 12:05 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,835 posts, read 83,670,435 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofIL View Post

Let me see if I got this right.............

We fought against England with force to create this great country. Then we fought against Germany and then Japan with even greater force to keep this great country. (otherwise we woule be speaking German or Japanese now) The latter used planes (war planes) to accomplish this. Now because of this everyone wants to live here.
How exactly is this brainwashing?
Now those who live here even don't want to live here! If there ever were anything remotely resembling freedom at any time, it must’ve been before my time (perhaps before the Cold War ended; some pretending was needed at that time alright...).

I’ve never seen a country with more rules, regulations, restrictions, and intolerance EVER! Promoting it as “free” is the biggest joke ever heard!

Anyway, after a short break we're back to our regular programming and Mr. Dusty…
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2009, 12:28 PM
 
Location: Tucson
522 posts, read 1,470,466 times
Reputation: 703
I'll have to agree that recently (last 10-15 yrs) things have been going down hill. I used to think that the end of the cold war was a good thing but it really wasn't.

I think our government is slowly turning into a Oligarchy/Plutocracy. We have already seen that the popular vote means nothing. We recently had another President elected against popular the popular vote, George W, but that wasn't the first time.

1824 John Quincy adams--had more than 38000 fewer votes than Andrew Jackson--neither had a majority of electoral votes and it was determined by the House of Representatives

1876 Rutherford B hays had a 1 vote margin in the Electoral college even though he lost by 264,000 popular votes to Samual J Tilden

1888 Benjamin Harrison lost the popular vote by 95,713 to Grover cleveland but won the electoral vote by 65.

And we all know what happened with Bush.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2009, 12:54 PM
 
Location: Tucson
42,835 posts, read 83,670,435 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by sickofIL View Post
I'll have to agree that recently (last 10-15 yrs) things have been going down hill. I used to think that the end of the cold war was a good thing but it really wasn't.

I think our government is slowly turning into a Oligarchy/Plutocracy. We have already seen that the popular vote means nothing. We recently had another President elected against popular the popular vote, George W, but that wasn't the first time.

1824 John Quincy adams--had more than 38000 fewer votes than Andrew Jackson--neither had a majority of electoral votes and it was determined by the House of Representatives

1876 Rutherford B hays had a 1 vote margin in the Electoral college even though he lost by 264,000 popular votes to Samual J Tilden

1888 Benjamin Harrison lost the popular vote by 95,713 to Grover cleveland but won the electoral vote by 65.

And we all know what happened with Bush.
Exactly. With my luck, I jumped on the wrong train at the wrong time again...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 02-16-2009, 06:09 PM
 
Location: Baja Arizona
2,916 posts, read 7,778,723 times
Reputation: 1135
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Exactly. With my luck, I jumped on the wrong train at the wrong time again...
Hmmm... train... that sounds like another upcoming thread... hmmm...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 04:05 PM.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top