U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-11-2009, 06:27 PM

42,835 posts, read 83,443,821 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
Sure, that's true. I was way down Euclid and then it turns into something else going south (just today), but I can't remember the name of the street, but down by (and past) the airport. It looks positively third world down in some of those areas. Every big city has crap areas though. But hey, not like I'm hanging out in those areas though.
That's not what I meant. What ZP said - he knows about phony!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-11-2009, 08:59 PM

602 posts, read 1,924,373 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
That's not what I meant. What ZP said - he knows about phony!
Yeah, I know what you're saying. He was selective about what he shot (more than staging, in my view). Unless you actually want to take pictures of less attractive stuff, I think we all are selective in taking our pictures. I know I'm not much interested in seeing ugly stuff.

Course, if we want the gritty stuff, there's always that one kid's thread with pictures

Hey, I don't get it about ZP

Old 03-11-2009, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Yeah, I know what you're saying. He was selective about what he shot (more than staging, in my view). Unless you actually want to take pictures of less attractive stuff, I think we all are selective in taking our pictures. I know I'm not much interested in seeing ugly stuff.
Even this beautiful stuff doesn't exactly look like this all the time and it's most certainly not observed from all locations. What I'm saying is if people base their relocation decisions on such pictures they might as well base their marriage decisions on Harlequin novels.

Quote:
Hey, I don't get it about ZP
What is it you don't get?! Zony is the founding father of ZPPB! You're just a mere follower...

I disagree with the kid's presentation, too. I'm for a balanced view. Don't get me wrong, though - there's nothing wrong with beautiful pictures. I liked them a lot, too.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:14 AM

Quote:
...What I'm saying is if people base their relocation decisions on such pictures they might as well base their marriage decisions on Harlequin novels....
Dammit! I knew I shouldn't have been reading those things. Look where that got me. I've taken to calling the ex "my son's mom". Not even a mere hint of a personal connection.

I'll never read another one of those evil books. Fool me once.

And for you poor, unsuspecting out of towners, yep, those pics are cherry picked. But nice cherry picking, though. You gotta admit.

Old 03-12-2009, 12:31 PM

1,454 posts, read 4,240,783 times
Quote:
And for you poor, unsuspecting out of towners, yep, those pics are cherry picked.
You'll find that with any place you ever take a photograph. You want it to look awesome. And of course you can't just judge a place on a picture or two.

Otherwise if you take a look at pictures of Duluth ( //www.city-data.com/city/Duluth-Minnesota.html ) in the winter, you'll think it's always a frozen tundra or something.

I've been to Tucson (stayed there overnight) and from what I saw, I liked it.

Old 03-12-2009, 03:41 PM

2,916 posts, read 7,753,828 times
Quote:
What is it you don't get?! Zony is the founding father of ZPPB! You're just a mere follower...
I appreciate your thoughts!

There's a lot to be said for carefully thought out fabrication, and well-manicured phoniness...

There is so much to be learned from patiently-processed, warmed-over baloney...

Total falsehoods and outright fibbing is best when harvested after much care and love!

I love my groupies!

Old 03-12-2009, 05:15 PM

I frequently get a kick out of your malarkey, but groupies? Postah, please.

When I posted these pics, I wasn't even thinking about what effect it might have on potential newcomers. Just some pretty pics to share of our lovely area, nothing more and nothing less. Sheesh.

Old 03-12-2009, 05:30 PM

2,916 posts, read 7,753,828 times
Quote:
I frequently get a kick out of your malarkey, but groupies? Postah, please.

When I posted these pics, I wasn't even thinking about what effect it might have on potential newcomers. Just some pretty pics to share of our lovely area, nothing more and nothing less. Sheesh.
Actually, Sierra believes the Pony to be the Poster Child for Phoniness and Founding Father of Falsehood!

Brings a tear to my eye... ...:::SNIFF:::... Naturally, I'm humbled by her sentiments!

Old 03-12-2009, 09:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Brings a tear to my eye... ...:::SNIFF:::... Naturally, I'm humbled by her sentiments!
Aaaww, aaw, aaw...

http://www.pawsandkissessitting.com/images/patonhead.jpg (broken link)

http://www.pawsandkissessitting.com/images/patonhead.jpg (broken link)
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson