Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 03-18-2009, 08:17 PM

7 posts, read 21,257 times

Advertisements

So I got a parking ticket today on University even though I put time on the meter.

What's going to happen if I tear it up and never pay?

I have California plates and live in California.

Thanks

Old 03-18-2009, 08:58 PM

9,599 posts, read 31,683,062 times
Definitely not worth the risk, Henry.

Time to grow up, act like an adult and be responsible.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH

Old 03-19-2009, 10:24 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,346,346 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryButters View Post
So I got a parking ticket today on University even though I put time on the meter.

What's going to happen if I tear it up and never pay?

I have California plates and live in California.

Thanks
It sounds like your paid time expired. They have traffic enforcement officers which go around and check parking meters periodically. If you decide not to deal with your ticket now by not paying, it may affect you later, even if it takes a while for this to catch up with you.

This may also put a blemish on your driving record, and could eventually cause you to have your license supended. You might want to either call the number provided, or go in and talk to the traffic court about it.

Old 03-19-2009, 12:32 PM

7 posts, read 21,257 times
Thanks for the advice. I am about to leave Tuscon and think if I choose to fight this in court, it won't be worth the flight back to Tuscon. Worth it just to pay. But I'm so pissed off because I had money in that meter, this was clearly a mistake on their part and I have no way to prove that. The rebel inside wants to just tear it up and forget about it. To what length will parking enforcement track me down in California? I rarely come to AZ except to visit PHX once in a while.

Old 03-19-2009, 04:05 PM

529 posts, read 2,393,215 times
Quote:
.. To what length will parking enforcement track me down in California? I rarely come to AZ except to visit PHX once in a while.
With the current state of the Arizona economy I wouldn't take any chances!

Old 03-19-2009, 10:56 PM

2,441 posts, read 7,006,117 times
Pay the ticket. Your license plate number is on file. If the police stop you and they see that you have outstanding tickets they can repo your car on the spot.

Old 03-28-2011, 01:51 AM

27 posts, read 41,826 times
Calli is currently sharing violation information with other States. When you re-register your car in Calli your going to pay.....BIG TIME.....up to 300% of the original fine, cause calli gets to keep 50%

Old 03-28-2011, 02:22 AM

4,134 posts, read 2,834,941 times
Quote:
Thanks for the advice. I am about to leave Tuscon and think if I choose to fight this in court, it won't be worth the flight back to Tuscon. Worth it just to pay. But I'm so pissed off because I had money in that meter, this was clearly a mistake on their part and I have no way to prove that. The rebel inside wants to just tear it up and forget about it. To what length will parking enforcement track me down in California? I rarely come to AZ except to visit PHX once in a while.
First, they won't suspend your license, a CA license is not an AZ license, plus, we're talking about a parking ticket here, not a serious moving violation. With that said, there is a possibility of that parking cite affecting your credit. It is better off for you, if you respond to the ticket by either fighting it or paying it.

Also, some departments do tow due to unpaid parking cites ( I think PHX PD started doing this over parking cites issued by PHX only ), but most don't. If you get stopped in PHX, they are not going to tow your car due to an unpaid parking ticket in Tucson. If the Highway Patrol ( DPS ) stops you in Tucson, they are not going to tow your car, the PD that originally cited you though, that may be a different story.

Old 03-28-2011, 06:41 AM

17,914 posts, read 43,391,186 times
You revived a two year old thread. OP hasn't been here since then, so I assume he's already decided what to do.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson