Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-01-2009, 05:57 PM

643 posts, read 2,053,439 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
There are many small neighborhoods within Tucson where I would never live.

Specifically, I would never live south of 22nd Street from about Kolb Road to the freeway. While, there are some good neighborhoods sprinkled in that area, the majority of the area has a higher crime rate than most of Tucson. In part of that area, closer to Alvernon and Kolb, you have to also deal with with military planes flying 3 feet over your house. I'll pass, thanks.

I would also never live between Grant Road and Prince Road between Mountain Avenue and the freeway. This is an extremely large area, but there are too many sketchy areas in that corridor for my enjoyment.

I would never live in the neighborhood between Silverbell and the freeway going from Speedway down to 22nd Street. The crime rate is there is quite high as well.

Lastly, the area around Alvernon and Grant has always struck me as being very unattractive and unsafe feeling.
Also, thanks! This was exactly the specific type of answer I was looking for.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-01-2009, 07:25 PM

216 posts, read 731,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nwlv View Post
I wouldn't want to live anywhere in TUSD.
THIS!

Old 04-01-2009, 11:00 PM

430 posts, read 1,312,086 times
Totally agree with the NO TUSD. If you have school age children and you want to send them to public school, I wouldn't not live in TUSD.

Vail School District, you can live just south of Irvington like in Civano or Sierra Morado, still easy commute to areas of Tucson, middle class prices. Tanque Verde or Catalina Foothills would be my other choices if you can afford more $ for a home.

Old 04-02-2009, 08:01 PM

2,542 posts, read 6,913,603 times
Thanks for the link. That was strangely fun to check out.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:24 PM

2,842 posts, read 2,327,580 times
There is no place in Tucson worth living. It was a great place back in the 70's and 80's, but now it's basically a poor, uneducated dump. Parks full of bums and streets lined with strip malls.

Old 04-03-2009, 10:59 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,057,787 times
it's all relative, Spot.....

I'm sure back in the 70s and 80s, people lamented about how Tucson was so nice back in the 40s and 50s and now it just sucked (though they probably didn't use the word "suck" quite so freely then as we do now)....

Old 04-04-2009, 06:25 PM

216 posts, read 731,987 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spot View Post
There is no place in Tucson worth living. It was a great place back in the 70's and 80's, but now it's basically a poor, uneducated dump. Parks full of bums and streets lined with strip malls.
True. And LOTS and LOTS of illegals. Lots of bleeding heart LIBERALS, too...

Old 04-16-2009, 11:20 AM

643 posts, read 2,053,439 times
I hate children, so gives a poo about the school district. It's weird how so many people brought that up, though.

And liberals aren't so bad. Try living in a state overrun by self-inflated Christians. Not normal, unassuming Christians, but loud, grating, arrogant jerks that clog up your neighborhood and close streets on Sunday's. Then when they're done with that, they flock like locusts to every form of amusement (food, movies, shopping, events) for a fifty mile radius and ruin everything for everyone else.

I think I'd even prefer oblivious, flighty snowbirds over that.

Old 04-27-2009, 07:24 PM

21 posts, read 79,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by azdr0710 View Post
it's all relative, Spot.....

I'm sure back in the 70s and 80s, people lamented about how Tucson was so nice back in the 40s and 50s and now it just sucked (though they probably didn't use the word "suck" quite so freely then as we do now)....
You are so right about this. Undoubtedly there were people in the40s & 50s saying much the same thing about even earlier decades. For that matter, twenty - thirty years from now people will be describing today's Tucson as "so much nicer" than their era.

Old 04-29-2009, 01:27 PM

430 posts, read 1,312,086 times
Since I didn't live here until 1999. I can only say I like it now. I think the people who live here are nice and friendly. Their education has nothing to do with it. Better educated people tend to be stuck up and pretentious and complain about uneducated people.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson