U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-07-2009, 06:34 AM

495 posts, read 994,937 times

Advertisements

Are there any good areas in Tucson ? That is low crime areas?
We come from a very small town and will be visiting Arizona soon Any advice would be appreciated
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-07-2009, 11:57 AM

2,441 posts, read 6,542,260 times
Yes. The east side of Tucson is the safest (pretty much anywhere east of Kolb). There are scattered neighborhoods west of Kolb that are very nice too. Sam Hughes near the university, Miramonte, Broadmoor, San Clemente, El Conquistador, and El Montevideo (all near or around the Reid Park/El Con Mall area) Blenman-Elm (northeast of Campbell/Speedway) are just a few very nice in-town neighborhoods.

There are also nice neighborhoods in the Foothills, just north of River Road. However, the Foothills aren't officially part of the city of Tucson. Also, Casas Adobes, just northwest of Tucson, is very nice as well.

These areas are all low crime.

Good luck!

Old 04-07-2009, 12:08 PM

2,916 posts, read 7,753,518 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by miamiman View Post
Yes. The east side of Tucson is the safest (pretty much anywhere east of Kolb). There are scattered neighborhoods west of Kolb that are very nice too. Sam Hughes near the university, Miramonte, Broadmoor, San Clemente, El Conquistador, and El Montevideo (all near or around the Reid Park/El Con Mall area) Blenman-Elm (northeast of Campbell/Speedway) are just a few very nice in-town neighborhoods.

There are also nice neighborhoods in the Foothills, just north of River Road. However, the Foothills aren't officially part of the city of Tucson. Also, Casas Adobes, just northwest of Tucson, is very nice as well.

These areas are all low crime.

Good luck!
Safest? Perhaps... but, just be aware of your surroundings, and watch out for the serial slasher.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:31 PM

9,527 posts, read 28,995,006 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Safest? Perhaps... but, just be aware of your surroundings, and watch out for the serial slasher.
Thanks, Zony . . . amazing how some people forget that EASTSIDE Nutcase (and I'm not referring to our lovely Sierra!).

As for your "broad" question, weroses . . . except for the areas in and around South Tucson and possibly Southwest Tucson, there are more safe than "less than safe" areas all over.

Enjoy your visit.

Old 04-07-2009, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Thanks, Zony . . . amazing how some people forget that EASTSIDE Nutcase (and I'm not referring to our lovely Sierra!).

As for your "broad" question, weroses . . . except for the areas in and around South Tucson and possibly Southwest Tucson, there are more safe than "less than safe" areas all over.

Enjoy your visit.
Hmmm... Eastside Nutcase... Sierra... serial slasher... I wonder...

Old 04-07-2009, 08:51 PM

42,835 posts, read 83,440,101 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Wow, Bummer, how did it cross your mind that needs explanation in parentheses...?! My feelings are hurt!

Quote:
Hmmm... Eastside Nutcase... Sierra... serial slasher... I wonder...
I work in this area. Still on the loose...

Yeah, perhaps posting as we speak! Be afraid, ZP, be very afraid!

On a more serious note, the East Side is generally OK between Wilmot and Pantano... Camino Seco... (I've lived there for years; there are some less desirable pockets.) but the farther East you go the better (used to live and currently live there).

Old 04-07-2009, 10:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
I work in this area. Still on the loose...

Yeah, perhaps posting as we speak! Be afraid, ZP, be very afraid!

On a more serious note, the East Side is generally OK between Wilmot and Pantano... Camino Seco... (I've lived there for years; there are some less desirable pockets.) but the farther East you go the better (used to live and currently live there).
The artist's rendering makes the serial slasher look a bit effeminate, if you ask me. I wonder if either the artist is female, or the artist just came as close to what was described as possible?

Old 04-07-2009, 10:37 PM

42,835 posts, read 83,440,101 times
Quote:
The artist's rendering makes the serial slasher look a bit effeminate, if you ask me. I wonder if either the artist is female, or the artist just came as close to what was described as possible?
Well, I'm tan, ZP, but not THAT tan! Besides, sierra ain't dumb... there has to be a good reason to stab ya! You millionaire by any chance?

Old 04-07-2009, 10:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Well, I'm tan, ZP, but not THAT tan! Besides, sierra ain't dumb... there has to be a good reason to stab ya! You millionaire by any chance?
Oh, my... I hear my butler calling me... he's turned down my beddy-bye and made me a cold glass of Ovaltine... I must be off now... we'll play again tomorrow, 'k? toodaloo!

...:::YAAAWN:::..... ...Nite-nite...

Old 04-08-2009, 04:04 AM

495 posts, read 994,937 times
Ok Try to get along here I just wanted some info on Tucson Ok Thanks
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson