U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 01:10 AM

474 posts, read 1,006,980 times

Advertisements

Any music afficionados out there? Does anyone know all five versions of Honky Tonk Women by the Rolling Stones? I can only think of four. One is the standard radio version(it's the one on Hot Rocks, but I don't know the album it was on first). The second version is very similar, except Keith changes his riffs slightly(again, I not sure of the album). The third is Country Honk on Let It Bleed. The fourth version that I know of, is the one on Get Yer YaYa's Out. Does anyone know the fifth version? What album was it on? Thanks!
Rate this post positively

Old 05-08-2009, 08:02 AM

415 posts, read 1,587,758 times
Wow, are you bored or what?

Honky Tonk Women - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Old 05-08-2009, 01:48 PM

2,916 posts, read 7,777,296 times
To me, the one and only and always best version of ANY song, will always be the original one which was originally played on the radio to death. Every other version, be it LIVE, or REMIXED, or DIGITALIZED, or RE-RECORDED, or REGGAED, or FUSIONED, or HIP-HOPPED, or C&W'ed, or CLEAN or EXPLETIVE-LACED or WHATEVER... is a faked out and fraudulent and phonied out version of a once very good (original) recording! All of the other versions will never get the guitar licks or the horns or the bass line or the drums or the voice(s) exactly right! Idiots! What's up with the stupid recording industry?

Take for example the original song, Black is Black, by Los Bravos. Check out the other (stupid) versions, and YOU tell me. Stupid, stupid recording industry! Stupid, stupid, STUPID...

Last edited by ZonyPony; 05-08-2009 at 02:08 PM..

Old 05-12-2009, 10:26 AM

643 posts, read 1,894,910 times
I work for a web design company interacting heavily with clients. We have a joke in the office: when a client asks a completely obvious or needless question, the reply is always "I know just what will help. It's a website that has all the answers - go to G-O-O-G-L-E, dot, com."

Old 05-12-2009, 12:26 PM

Is it the highlight of your day when this happens? Who deems the questions obvious or needless? Maybe, the questions are obvious to the people who work there, but not to the clients. Have you ever thought of that?

Old 05-12-2009, 02:09 PM

Where this song is concerned, the version we hear mostly on the radio, the one you might think is the original, is really not. The original "Honky Tonk Women" is really an acoustic country song. It is the one on the Let It Bleed album called "Country Honk." They hardly ever play this version on the radio anywhere. Every once in awhile, Alice Cooper, or someone else on 96.1 in Tucson, will play the original. The electric version on Hot Rocks is the one usually played on the radio.

Old 05-12-2009, 02:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellringer View Post
Where this song is concerned, the version we hear mostly on the radio, the one you might think is the original, is really not. The original "Honky Tonk Women" is really an acoustic country song. It is the one on the Let It Bleed album called "Country Honk." They hardly ever play this version on the radio anywhere. Every once in awhile, Alice Cooper, or someone else on 96.1 in Tucson, will play the original. The electric version on Hot Rocks is the one usually played on the radio.
Not really into the Stones (or any other British Invasion group since they upstaged our American Rock & Roll!), but their electric Honky Tonk Women is a pretty decent song. I personally can't handle Mick Jaggar prancing around a stage for more than about two seconds!

Old 05-12-2009, 11:04 PM

TwoJulyBabies-Nooooooooo, I never get bored discussing the arts, books, culture, movies, music, etc. with other people. What really bores me is when someone responding to one of my threads inserts a link to Wikipedia.

JillBoBill-And thanks for your contribution also. Not!

Two & Jill-If the subject of my thread is not of interest to you, and you have nothing interesting to say on the subject,then why post here? Your contribution is to post a link to Wiki, or suggest G-O-O-G-L-E, like no one has ever thought to do that. I have this thread going in the music forum and I've gotten good responses from others.

Old 05-13-2009, 11:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bellringer View Post
TwoJulyBabies-Nooooooooo, I never get bored discussing the arts, books, culture, movies, music, etc. with other people. What really bores me is when someone responding to one of my threads inserts a link to Wikipedia.

JillBoBill-And thanks for your contribution also. Not!

Two & Jill-If the subject of my thread is not of interest to you, and you have nothing interesting to say on the subject,then why post here? Your contribution is to post a link to Wiki, or suggest G-O-O-G-L-E, like no one has ever thought to do that. I have this thread going in the music forum and I've gotten good responses from others.
Now, now, Belle... Google and Wikipedia are not bad resources. They exist to help us all learn to look up things for ourselves and get into the internet a bit more that way.

I understand where you're coming from regarding direct response from others, but again, other resources help to round us all out and become more informed from all areas.

Old 05-13-2009, 01:12 PM

Did the ancient Romans google in their forums?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson