Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 06:40 PM

10 posts, read 28,281 times

Advertisements

Does anyone have any information about the Palo Verde neighborhood in central Tucson? We are relocating from the east coast (will be biking to the U of A) and are looking at a home there in the NW quadrant of the neighborhood. Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-17-2009, 07:15 PM

42,831 posts, read 88,134,698 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by percy2000 View Post
Does anyone have any information about the Palo Verde neighborhood in central Tucson? We are relocating from the east coast (will be biking to the U of A) and are looking at a home there in the NW quadrant of the neighborhood. Thank you!
Cross streets would help. I don't know such a neighborhood by its name. Palo Verde is a long street and it's not in central town at all, but it could be just a coincidence as it is a much used name around here.

Old 05-17-2009, 08:16 PM

The cross streets are Seneca and Howard. Thanks!

Old 05-17-2009, 08:23 PM

Quote:
The cross streets are Seneca and Howard. Thanks!
While I'm not intimately familiar with this particular area, overall it looks OK to me. Definitely check against the crime maps/stats - search the forum for them; they've been posted many times. Sometimes there are small not so good pockets in a generally nice area.

Old 05-17-2009, 09:16 PM

Thank you Sierra!
I did look at the TPD site, but there was nothing listed for the address. Are there any other ways you can tell? Everything looks much different to me here. I am originally an East Coast city person, so the neighborhoods are pretty mixed, but Tucson seems sketchy all over! I would love/appreciate your help!

Old 05-17-2009, 11:07 PM

Quote:
Thank you Sierra!
I did look at the TPD site, but there was nothing listed for the address. Are there any other ways you can tell? Everything looks much different to me here. I am originally an East Coast city person, so the neighborhoods are pretty mixed, but Tucson seems sketchy all over! I would love/appreciate your help!
You're welcome. Just look at the crime maps and see if the colors get darker for some reason in this particular quadrant. I used to live in one place on the East side once and the area was generally OK, but a little pocket where I happened to live had a problem with car break-ins simply because there was a blind alley next to that apartment complex and escape was easy.

I don't think Tucson is sketchy all over. There are consistently nice areas, but central town is not exactly one of them.

I'd hope you don't plan to buy a house sight unseen...

Old 05-18-2009, 12:46 PM

Thank you Sierra. The color is a little darker there, but it seems to be the darker green near many university areas. The major cross streets are Country Club & Grant, but the home is tucked back. We are flying out. Are there any other questions you suggest we ask? Are there any other areas your recommend? We have been referred to Sam Hughes and Blenman, but we do not have the budget for those areas and would like to be close to school. I appreciate your advice very much. Percy

Old 05-18-2009, 01:26 PM

4,235 posts, read 14,056,700 times
I have a place in the Blenman-Elm neighborhood along Elm W of CC...

I sorta know somebody who lives/lived very near Howard and Seneca....to me, it is a decent central Tucson neighborhood of older houses and stable people....as always, there are all types of people in most neighborhoods...it's about two miles to the U from this area and there are lots of bikers around here headed to the U or the UA hospital....

keep looking in the Blenman-Elm and Sam Hughes areas if at all possible....great neighborhoods....Sam Hughes will be more than other nearby 'hoods....you may find a hidden gem if you have a good realtor.....

Old 05-18-2009, 05:04 PM

Thank you azdr0710!

Are you selling? Our price range is in the 160-170 area, so even with our amazing realtor Blenman and Sam Hughes are out We did like Blenman so that's why we were trying to get as close to there as possible, and this looked pretty good to us (but it's so hard to tell, as it's all so mixed). Do you have any other advice? Percy

Old 05-18-2009, 05:04 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,532,343 times
I grew up in that neighborhood.

What exactly do you want to know about it?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson