U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Closed Thread Start New Thread
 
Old 07-04-2006, 09:28 AM
 
17 posts, read 306,922 times
Reputation: 44

Advertisements

Tucson is not the city that it is cracked up to be. The only thing this city really has going for it in U of A. Most of Tucson is GHETTO. The only nice places to live in Tucson are in The North and NW part of town.

So much of Tucson is tagged up by the gangs. Tucson is basically Gangland Graffitiville. The city looks real nice when you are driving by on Interstate 10. In fact it looks actually beautiful with the mountain backdrops. The problem starts when you start trying to get around Tucson.

Tucson has no freeway sysytem. It takes forever to get anywhere in this city. There is so much start and stop driving in Tucson. It also is expensive driving anywhere in Tucson because you will spend alot in gas driving in Tucson.
Rate this post positively

 
Old 07-04-2006, 11:24 AM
 
1,312 posts, read 6,183,779 times
Reputation: 2007
Actually the great thing about Tucson is that it ISN'T carved up a freeway system like Phoenix is. Tucson's great strength is that it is one of America's great bicycle-friendly cities. That may not be much of a consolation to motorheads, but with peak petroleum being only about a decade away, the future of transportation will be very, very different. The gang problem is really just a manifestation of the fact that Tucson is one of the few sunbelt cities that still has relatively affordable housing. It is certainly disingenuous to claim that "most of Tucson is ghetto". Even if one accepts the assertion that "the only nice places to live in Tucson are in the North and NW part of town", that takes in more than a third of the city.
Tucson has some problems and hard-core motorheads will be frustrated by the lack of inner city freeways, but it is still offers a higher quality of life than any other city in the southwest.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-04-2006, 12:37 PM
 
17 posts, read 306,922 times
Reputation: 44
Default Denial

Your calling Tucson a bicycle friendly city. You have people getting run over all the time at city intersections in Tucson. Pedestrians run a serious risk of getting hit by a car whether on bicycle or on foot in Tucson, Arizona.

Tucson is primarily a GHETTO city and that is fact. Yes there are some nice areas in the North and Northwest of Tucson. Maybe if you grew up in Tucson and you went to a TUSD or Sunnyside USD School or Schools you would not see Tucson as a GHETTO city.

Alot of you people in Tucson are flat out in Denial. Your city has been all tagged up by the gangsters. You also have gangsters who have taken over much of the city. The Tucson Police Department and the other forms of government cannot control the gangs in Tucson.

Tucson has outgrown itself. Tucson is slowly becoming like alot of those really bad cities in New Mexico like Albq, Hobbs, Roswell ,Las Vegas, Espanola,Deming, Artesia,Gallup, Grants and the list goes on .

Lets hope than the respectful citizens of Tucson take back there city from the Gangs and the other hoodlums running amuck in Tucson.

Last edited by Sandoval; 07-04-2006 at 12:40 PM..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-16-2006, 03:53 PM
 
Location: Southern New Jersey
175 posts, read 581,408 times
Reputation: 409
Default Tucson hype

A lot of what's been said here is true-gangs and crime is horrendous in some parts of Tucson. For the most part-I felt safe walking after dark in mid-town area(Grant/Alvernon) never had any problems or issues. BUT-as in any town, you've got to use common sense and stay out of areas known to be gang ridden and crime ridden. Yes-it's MUCH worse than it ever was-and police have got their hands full with the ganstas and the bloods and the crips, and I think even the MS-13's..... and the "rich" areas have crime and issues too. But that's gotten to be the same just about anywhere anymore-there's crime and gangs and problems even in the rich neighborhoods. But there's other issues to consider about Tucson-most people cannot afford to live there anymore-it's just gotten too expensive to live with the salaries being so cruddy..
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-17-2006, 06:02 PM
 
6 posts, read 156,153 times
Reputation: 13
There are other nice areas in Tucson,Indian Ridge for one and they are building lots of nice houses so east area,gangs are everywhere in the country as are related problems,look around your town with the eye of a visitor,may not like what you see,l can't breathe in Tucson or Phoenix,but Mammoth rocks !!!
Rate this post positively
 
Old 07-17-2006, 07:23 PM
 
Location: Arizona
36 posts, read 293,940 times
Reputation: 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by lndcrz47
There are other nice areas in Tucson,Indian Ridge for one and they are building lots of nice houses so east area,gangs are everywhere in the country as are related problems,look around your town with the eye of a visitor,may not like what you see,l can't breathe in Tucson or Phoenix,but Mammoth rocks !!!
Mammoth huh? Is that where you live now?
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-24-2006, 12:55 PM
 
3 posts, read 118,360 times
Reputation: 14
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandoval View Post
Tucson is slowly becoming like alot of those really bad cities in New Mexico like Albq, Hobbs, Roswell ,Las Vegas, Espanola,Deming, Artesia,Gallup, Grants and the list goes on .
Sorry - I'm from out of state and may not know the area, but it was my understanding Las Vegas was in Nevada.....??
Rate this post positively
 
Old 08-24-2006, 01:05 PM
 
273 posts, read 1,600,238 times
Reputation: 209
Quote:
Originally Posted by Malsytalsy View Post
Sorry - I'm from out of state and may not know the area, but it was my understanding Las Vegas was in Nevada.....??
There's also a Las Vegas in New Mexico. I didn't know that either until I came to this forum and then I looked it up on the map.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-01-2006, 07:43 PM
 
2 posts, read 115,698 times
Reputation: 29
Tucson is a great town to grow up in, and work in. It is outgrowing itself, but thats a given in any city with a good economy, decent cost of living, and below average crime. Yes I said it... below average crime. If you are afraid to walk the streets of Tucson at night, I recommend you walk nowhere at night. Lock the doors, and batton down the hatches the neigbor kids may be skateboarding, or smoking pot... Thats scary stuff, im afraid for my life. The air quality is great here. Have you ever been to Phoenix, San Diego, LA, Denver, any large neighboring city? Compare our polution, and you will find it quite amazing.

Before you trash my beloved home town of Tucson, I have a tip for you. When you come to visit, dont drive in circles around South Tucson, and then rest your head at the hooker motel around the corner. And those gang members were walking home from elementary school, dont let the baggy jeans scare you off.
Rate this post positively
 
Old 09-13-2006, 01:32 PM
 
702 posts, read 3,038,735 times
Reputation: 462
Default Crime Statistics In Tucson, Az

Quote:
Originally Posted by azg20p11 View Post
Tucson is a great town to grow up in, and work in. It is outgrowing itself, but thats a given in any city with a good economy, decent cost of living, and below average crime. Yes I said it... below average crime. If you are afraid to walk the streets of Tucson at night, I recommend you walk nowhere at night. Lock the doors, and batton down the hatches the neigbor kids may be skateboarding, or smoking pot... Thats scary stuff, im afraid for my life. The air quality is great here. Have you ever been to Phoenix, San Diego, LA, Denver, any large neighboring city? Compare our polution, and you will find it quite amazing.

Before you trash my beloved home town of Tucson, I have a tip for you. When you come to visit, dont drive in circles around South Tucson, and then rest your head at the hooker motel around the corner. And those gang members were walking home from elementary school, dont let the baggy jeans scare you off.
National Crime Statistics:
Overall Tucson Crime
2004 Total: per 100,000 people
9936.5

National: Total per 100,000 people
3982.6

Tucson doesn't look so good compared to the entire US.
I live 25 miles from Tucson and would never walk anywhere at night in Tucson!
Rate this post positively
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Closed Thread
>
Powered by Foreclosure.com


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2022, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top