U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 11:09 AM

42,835 posts, read 83,387,803 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
LOL. I have a friend who has a number of funny euphemisms. One of them is, when seeing a new baby for the first time, if it's extraordinarily homely, she'd say, "What a sweet baby" instead of pretty.
He-he, we all do. "That's interesting...", aka that sucks; that's stupid.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-05-2009, 11:16 AM

602 posts, read 1,923,326 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
He-he, we all do. "That's interesting...", aka that sucks; that's stupid.
Haha. Yep. "that's interesting" is another oldie but goodie.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
Haha. Yep. "that's interesting" is another oldie but goodie.
Granted, it's old, but always applicable. I'm not into PC much, but white lies are definitely needed on a daily basis in order to spare people's feelings. After all, people don’t often tell me to my face I’m crazy. There are better words for it... I'm kinda of "vibrant"!

Old 06-05-2009, 11:45 AM

Speaking of the devil... Just dodged one bullet! Thank goodness the pictures were funny and I could comment on that 'cause otherwise I couldn't possibly twist my tongue and say this guy is good-looking.

Old 06-05-2009, 11:58 AM

66 posts, read 293,159 times
I'm not an expert on donuts so I don't know if this place is the best or not, but Queen's donuts on St.Mary's is really good.
For a grocery store, Basha's makes pretty good donuts.
If I ever get in the area, I'll check out Le Cave.

Old 06-05-2009, 12:08 PM

4,201 posts, read 12,956,408 times
didn't Le Cave close a year or two ago??....

I read that in the paper, I think.....did it end up staying open or bought out??....

yes, that was/is a great place....very old-fashioned and home-town.....

Old 06-05-2009, 01:06 PM

55 posts, read 131,244 times
Isn't Dunkin Donuts giving away a free donut with the purchase of a drink today? Go figure - I just bought a box of Entenmann's yesterday (sigh)

Old 06-05-2009, 04:26 PM

1,389 posts, read 3,288,172 times
Been in Tucson all my life and have never heard of this Le Cave place.

I must be missing something because I've never once had a donut that was any better than what comes out of the pink box from Donut Wheel.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:56 PM

2,916 posts, read 7,748,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Is that at about 29th St (like the 2 restaurants on 4th & 29th), too? I'd just LOVE hanging out at 6th & 29th! No doughnut will take me there!
No, actually Le Cave's is located on the very vibrant SE corner of 22nd St and South Sixth Avenue, right across from Santa Cruz Catholic Church.

I just called Le Cave's and they are most assuredly OPEN and doing a vibrant business, and (again) have continued to do so since 1935! Their address and phone number are:

1219 S. 6th Ave
520-624-2561

JSYK... Le Cave's is not located in the vibrant city of South Tucson, but rather, is located just a couple of blocks NORTH in the vibrant city of Tucson! In case y'all weren't aware, sometimes South Tucson gets confused with south Tucson, you see...

Old 06-05-2009, 07:33 PM

2,916 posts, read 7,748,832 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado of Souls View Post
Isn't Dunkin Donuts giving away a free donut with the purchase of a drink today? Go figure - I just bought a box of Entenmann's yesterday (sigh)
Yes, Dunkin Donuts is having that promotion today (June 5). They shoulda waited one day so National Donut Day coulda coincided with D-Day (June 6)!

Entemanns? Wow... ain't that always the way, though?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
Been in Tucson all my life and have never heard of this Le Cave place.

I must be missing something because I've never once had a donut that was any better than what comes out of the pink box from Donut Wheel.
Hey, Chorizo... I've never been to the Donut Wheel... but, if you say its good, then I need to go by there and check it out.

Dang, if the Hiker Man only knew what he started here...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: