U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 06-05-2009, 09:34 AM
 
602 posts, read 1,923,605 times
Reputation: 407

Advertisements

Just curious. I logged on today, and MSN says today is National Donut Day (who knew?).

Well, I likes me a good cake donut with chocolate icing on occasion, and it got me to wondering who does make the best donuts in town (ZP?)

So I googled, and the one that seemed the most interesting is Le Cave's Bakery at 1219 S. Sixth Ave (S. Tucson).

Thoughts, anyone?
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 06-05-2009, 09:46 AM
 
Location: Baja Arizona
2,916 posts, read 7,750,352 times
Reputation: 1135
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
Just curious. I logged on today, and MSN says today is National Donut Day (who knew?).

Well, I likes me a good cake donut with chocolate icing on occasion, and it got me to wondering who does make the best donuts in town (ZP?)

So I googled, and the one that seemed the most interesting is Le Cave's Bakery at 1219 S. Sixth Ave (S. Tucson).

Thoughts, anyone?
Le Cave's!

The Hiker Man does it again! Le Cave's, an original hometown Tucson favorite, has definitely been around for decades (since 1935), and should provide one with a good doughnut for the dough-Nuts out there! Here is more (google-ized) info on Le Caves!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2009, 10:04 AM
 
602 posts, read 1,923,605 times
Reputation: 407
Thanks, ZP. Suspect I'll go within a week. Will check back in with the verdict. I've been wanting a good donut for a couple of weeks now.

I did a contract in Houston a number of years ago, and they had this donut place called Shipley's that had the best donuts I've ever had (from the useless info dept).
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2009, 10:08 AM
 
602 posts, read 1,923,605 times
Reputation: 407
You've been warned about that googling business!

Thanks, ZP. Is Le Cave's your fave here? I've had a hankerin' for a good donut for a couple of weeks now. Suspect I'll try Le Cave's out within a week.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2009, 10:12 AM
 
Location: Tucson
42,835 posts, read 83,407,093 times
Reputation: 22814
RIP, Krispy Kreme...
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2009, 10:19 AM
 
Location: Baja Arizona
2,916 posts, read 7,750,352 times
Reputation: 1135
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
You've been warned about that googling business!

Thanks, ZP. Is Le Cave's your fave here? I've had a hankerin' for a good donut for a couple of weeks now. Suspect I'll try Le Cave's out within a week.
I have to admit that I have not been back to Le Cave's as often as I would've liked to. My mind kind of got glazed over and sucked into the Dunkin Donut movement...

However, having also tasted Krispy Kremes (and others), I will absolutely put my rep on the line and continue to declare Le Cave's as undisputed KING of Tucson to anyone out there in cyber land!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2009, 10:28 AM
 
Location: Tucson
42,835 posts, read 83,407,093 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
I have to admit that I have not been back to Le Cave's as often as I would've liked to. My mind kind of got glazed over and sucked into the Dunkin Donut movement...

However, having also tasted Krispy Kremes (and others), I will absolutely put my rep on the line and continue to declare Le Cave's as undisputed KING of Tucson to anyone out there in cyber land!
Is that at about 29th St (like the 2 restaurants on 4th & 29th), too? I'd just LOVE hanging out at 6th & 29th! No doughnut will take me there!
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2009, 10:40 AM
 
602 posts, read 1,923,605 times
Reputation: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Is that at about 29th St (like the 2 restaurants on 4th & 29th), too? I'd just LOVE hanging out at 6th & 29th! No doughnut will take me there!
Well, it IS very vibrant.

Anyway, I've totally talked myself into checking the place out.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2009, 10:51 AM
 
Location: Tucson
42,835 posts, read 83,407,093 times
Reputation: 22814
Quote:
Originally Posted by azhiker View Post
Well, it IS very vibrant.
It's a little TOO vibrant for my taste.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 06-05-2009, 11:00 AM
 
602 posts, read 1,923,605 times
Reputation: 407
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
It's a little TOO vibrant for my taste.
LOL. I have a friend who has a number of funny euphemisms. One of them is, when seeing a new baby for the first time, if it's extraordinarily homely, she'd say, "What a sweet baby" instead of pretty.

Maybe that's a you had to be there thing.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

123
Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of:

All times are GMT -6.

© 2005-2021, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Contact Us - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35, 36, 37 - Top