Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 06-17-2009, 03:50 PM

100 posts, read 326,621 times

Advertisements

I'm just curious whether anyone on these boards is from Brazil or speaks portuguese? Or is trying to learn?

My husband is from Brazil. I'm trying to learn portuguese. We'd love to find a community of Brazilians in Tucson. There is a decent amount of Brazilians in Phoenix, but we haven't run into many here in Tucson.

Thanks.

Old 06-17-2009, 03:59 PM

42,831 posts, read 87,912,088 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by M.A. View Post
I'm just curious whether anyone on these boards is from Brazil or speaks portuguese? Or is trying to learn?

My husband is from Brazil. I'm trying to learn portuguese. We'd love to find a community of Brazilians in Tucson. There is a decent amount of Brazilians in Phoenix, but we haven't run into many here in Tucson.

Thanks.
I doubt you'd just stumble across Brazilians in Tucson. You have to go to some Brazil-related places and try to establish connections... Just search for Brazilian/s in Tucson...

Those two are some sort of a start...

www.tucsonbrazilianjj.com

Sur Real - Tucson, AZ 85718 | Metromix Tucson (http://tucson.metromix.com/restaurants/brazilian/sur-real-foothills/888588/content - broken link)

Also U of A has some office... not sure about the exact name... but it's for international students. They might be able to give you some leads to the community.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:27 PM

Sur Real is not really Brazilian at all. It is more of a mix of Latin American food and definitely not so much true Brazilian food.

We are going to take some capoeira classes, so maybe that will lead us to some Brazilians. I'd just like to practice my portuguese with a group of people and listen to people speaking it more often.

Thanks for the links.

Old 06-17-2009, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Sur Real is not really Brazilian at all. It is more of a mix of Latin American food and definitely not so much true Brazilian food.

We are going to take some capoeira classes, so maybe that will lead us to some Brazilians. I'd just like to practice my portuguese with a group of people and listen to people speaking it more often.

Thanks for the links.
Oh, there isn't a Brazilian meetup, but there are people wishing for one! You can try and contact them. Good luck!

Find a Meetup Group Near You! - Expat Brazilian Meetups - Tucson

I know from experience once you find one person, the whole little community unravels! That's how I found people of my nationality years ago. The problem with these relations is that the choice is very limited and you end up socializing with people you wouldn't do it back home and it eventually comes to an end...

Old 06-17-2009, 05:02 PM

I already checked meetup.com. I do belong to the Phoenix Portuguese Meetup, but that is a long drive!

Quote:
I know from experience once you find one person, the whole little community unravels! That's how I found people of my nationality years ago. The problem with these relations is that the choice is very limited and you end up socializing with people you wouldn't do it back home and it eventually comes to an end...
I completely understand! I just want to practice my portuguese...even if it is with people I don't really like!

Old 06-17-2009, 05:10 PM

Quote:
I already checked meetup.com. I do belong to the Phoenix Portuguese Meetup, but that is a long drive!

I completely understand! I just want to practice my portuguese...even if it is with people I don't really like!
Shoot, I forgot the most important lead, even though it's on my calendar as I plan to go!

25 - Brazilian Night, featuring Batucaxé and Capoeira Malandragem

Tucson Botanical Gardens » Twilight Thursdays (http://tucsonbotanical.org/events/twilight-thursdays/ - broken link)

Hmm, only that I was planning on music and perhaps food, but now that you mentioned the word above I looked it up and it's some martial art... I'd hope this (Batucaxé) is a band... or not?

Old 06-17-2009, 10:25 PM

Yes, it is drumming and dance. I plan on being there for the Batucaxé performance at the Botanical Garden, too!

Old 06-18-2009, 10:16 AM

Quote:
Yes, it is drumming and dance.
That's good to know.

Old 06-18-2009, 11:09 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,517,612 times
Drumming and Dance? What sort of dance? I remember watching some belly dancers having fun with a dumbek circle. Fun times!

Old 06-18-2009, 11:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
Drumming and Dance? What sort of dance? I remember watching some belly dancers having fun with a dumbek circle. Fun times!
Whatever it is, it ought to be fun. Brazilians are hot peeps!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: