Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-16-2009, 11:41 AM

1,389 posts, read 3,533,313 times

Advertisements

of the Monsoon season.

Wheres the dang rain?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-16-2009, 11:56 AM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chorizo View Post
of the Monsoon season.

Wheres the dang rain?
Yeah... DUMB way to designate a monsoon season!

Old 06-16-2009, 11:58 AM

42,831 posts, read 88,150,679 times
Quote:
of the Monsoon season.

Wheres the dang rain?
Ask those who "declare" it. In my experience all these years the monsoons never start before July 4th and are over by the end of Sep. Maybe on a couple of occasions the July 4th parties were wrecked, one being the year before.. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was '07 because the monsoons also lasted unusually long (till about mid-Sep). I recall coming back from Rocky Point around Sep 14h. I'd never even noticed the dips on that road before because monsoons were never any concern on Memorial Day or Labor Day. This time I DID notice them when I got stalled in water about 15 miles out of the lovely "town" of Why, in the not so late afternoon but when the sky already looked like the end of the world was coming any minute! Ended up enrolling in AAA only to have them NOT come! They couldn't, you know, because of the water... Well, what are you for if you don't have vehicles that make it through the water?!

I was visited by an angel that day, though! A Mexican man by the name of Francisco stopped and was continuously trying to help me. He barely spoke English and I don't speak Spanish, so we didn't talk much, but he said I was his daughter's namesake and he was helping me as he'd like somebody to help his daughter had she been in need. Stayed with me the whole time (AAA didn't come). Eventually the car dried out and started. He was going to Tucson, too. He drove behind me the whole way to Tucson in case I get in trouble again. At about Three Points I signaled and pulled over at a gas station because I wanted to at least thank him properly. He just waved and kept going... I caught up with him at the next lights and only managed to wave and say "thank you so much"... There are still good people in this world! I'll never forget Francisco.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:21 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
Yeah... DUMB way to designate a monsoon season!
You know, last week, maybe the week before. There were some pretty stereotypical looking storm clouds over the Catalina mountains. They dropped a little bit up there. I thought we were starting early.

I'd love that.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:51 PM

643 posts, read 2,053,853 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post
Ask those who "declare" it. In my experience all these years the monsoons never start before July 4th and are over by the end of Sep. Maybe on a couple of occasions the July 4th parties were wrecked, one being the year before.. Yeah, I'm pretty sure it was '07 because the monsoons also lasted unusually long (till about mid-Sep). I recall coming back from Rocky Point around Sep 14h. I'd never even noticed the dips on that road before because monsoons were never any concern on Memorial Day or Labor Day. This time I DID notice them when I got stalled in water about 15 miles out of the lovely "town" of Why, in the not so late afternoon but when the sky already looked like the end of the world was coming any minute! Ended up enrolling in AAA only to have them NOT come! They couldn't, you know, because of the water... Well, what are you for if you don't have vehicles that make it through the water?!

I was visited by an angel that day, though! A Mexican man by the name of Francisco stopped and was continuously trying to help me. He barely spoke English and I don't speak Spanish, so we didn't talk much, but he said I was his daughter's namesake and he was helping me as he'd like somebody to help his daughter had she been in need. Stayed with me the whole time (AAA didn't come). Eventually the car dried out and started. He was going to Tucson, too. He drove behind me the whole way to Tucson in case I get in trouble again. At about Three Points I signaled and pulled over at a gas station because I wanted to at least thank him properly. He just waved and kept going... I caught up with him at the next lights and only managed to wave and say "thank you so much"... There are still good people in this world! I'll never forget Francisco.

That's so sweet!

And... I guess thanks for the heads-up on AAA. And to think I JUST renewed and upgraded my subscription, too. Oh, well. I guess I get enough flat tires in my own drive way (no, seriously) and dead batteries that it works out paying for itself.

Old 06-16-2009, 12:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JillBoBill View Post
That's so sweet!

And... I guess thanks for the heads-up on AAA. And to think I JUST renewed and upgraded my subscription, too. Oh, well. I guess I get enough flat tires in my own drive way (no, seriously) and dead batteries that it works out paying for itself.
I must be misfiring today. I read Sierra's post and your reply and spent a good minute or two trying to figure out what the hell Alcoholics Anonymous had to do with any of this. Then I realized you guys said AAA. haha

Old 06-16-2009, 01:01 PM

100 posts, read 328,695 times
Quote:
You know, last week, maybe the week before. There were some pretty stereotypical looking storm clouds over the Catalina mountains. They dropped a little bit up there. I thought we were starting early.

I'd love that.
I second that! I do love the monsoons.

Old 06-16-2009, 01:02 PM

In other news: I am trying to figure out if I can get HAARP to make it rain over Sierra's place of residence, for a few weeks straight.

Old 06-16-2009, 02:33 PM

2,916 posts, read 8,349,077 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by sierraAZ View Post

It HAD to be an angel, because the missionaries from Utopia would just stand there and say "Told ya so...told ya so! Get out of Arizona! Told ya so!"

Quote:
In other news: I am trying to figure out if I can get HAARP to make it rain over Sierra's place of residence, for a few weeks straight.
If you value your life... stay outta crosswalks and offa sidewalks for the next few weeks...

Old 06-16-2009, 02:45 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZonyPony View Post
It HAD to be an angel, because the missionaries from Utopia would just stand there and say "Told ya so...told ya so! Get out of Arizona! Told ya so!"

If you value your life... stay outta crosswalks and offa sidewalks for the next few weeks...

Man, I invented driving on the sidewalk - I aint skeered!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson