Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 05-07-2007, 11:40 PM
CTC CTC started this thread

668 posts, read 1,466,519 times

Advertisements

Hey all,
I am have been here in Tucson for about 3 weeks now (am here for a 5 month project at a well known mine to the south), and it seems like a pretty nice city. We have a corporate apt off the Cortaro Farms Road area and the commute down 1-10 to 1-19 is a breeze. It is a lot different from the Vail Valley in CO, where I live, but it seems pretty decent

The desert veg is unreal, and mountain scenery is pretty good.. I think you guys have a nice place. My only gripe is that it people don't seem very out going=maybe just a city thing

but all and all I am looking forward to seeing more of Tucson!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-10-2007, 01:42 PM

6 posts, read 30,023 times
i lived in tucson all my life untill about 8 years never want to do anything and sit inside allllllll day. now encinitas san diego is the place to go you can do everythin screw tucson

Old 10-19-2007, 08:06 PM
CTC CTC started this thread

668 posts, read 1,466,519 times
Default 5 months was positive

Well my project is over, I am back in CO now and survived a Tucson summer.

I really did enjoy it down there, and look forward to visiting again. The weather was way hot-the hardest thing was how it never seemed to cool off at night.

The monsoon storms are impressive!! I enjoyed the Downtown area on several occasions as well..Mt Lemmon is awesome (even by CO standards) Tuboc/Tumacacari (sp) is very neat..my wife really enjoyed our outing there when she came down for a visit. I did adjust to the heat somewhat by the end of my stay..and am now trying to readjust to mountain weather!

and lastly I met some great people, to the Tucsons, thanks for the hospitality !

I will definetly be back!

Old 10-19-2007, 11:07 PM

430 posts, read 1,263,950 times
CTC,
Glad to hear you enjoyed your visit! You should bring your wife down for a week in December...it's just heavenly weather that time of year. I've lived here for many, many years and NEVER got use to the heat here in the summers...it is daunting to say the least ...we do have some of the most glorious sunsets in the country right here in our own backyards....did you get out to Gates Pass and take in a sunset one evening? If not you missed a real treat....most of the great things about Tucson are free, hiking, biking, etc.....please come back again and visit!

O.Nana
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
View detailed profiles of: