U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-10-2009, 05:58 PM

31 posts, read 88,043 times

Advertisements

I'd be VERY careful in choosing a neighborhood. Tucson is not a place to price shop for apartments. You could end up in a great apartment in a very undesirable neighborhood! Choose your neighborhood and then decide what you're willing to pay to live there. It isn't just personal property you need be concerned for...it should be your life.
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-05-2009, 06:51 PM

3 posts, read 4,000 times
1200RT, I moved here from the San Fernando Valley myself on 1 June 2007 and I live on the eastside. My rent has gone down since I've been in my apartment. My current rent is $515. I have a private balcony, a wood burning fireplace, a dishwasher in the kitchen that comes with stove, refrigerator and the aforementioned dishwasher. This complex has approx. 200 apartments. We have 2 laundry rooms with the new he frontloading washers. In the summer, there is the jacuzzi and large swimming pool. The grounds are landscaped with trees and lots of greenery. It is also pretty quiet. There are good places to eat nearby and the little coffee shop across the street gets rave reviews when I ask customers exiting how they liked the place. If you like good fresh produce reasonably priced there is a little market called Sunflower Farmers Market where they brew fresh coffee you can sample while you shop. You can look at their website. This market is very popular. Whole Foods is good although if you don't want to travel that far to Whole Foods, Sunflower fills in very nicely. Trader Joe's is also popular here. In the past two years I have been here, I still have to pinch myself to see if it is true that I left sooty, smoggy, Los Angeles County.

Last edited by Cheekygrrl; 12-05-2009 at 07:07 PM..

Old 12-05-2009, 08:15 PM

9,513 posts, read 28,515,967 times
Great review, Cheeky . . . I feel much the same way only I relocated here from Northern California about 12 years ago.

Old 12-06-2009, 05:51 PM

602 posts, read 1,905,370 times
1200RT,

Since you can work from home, and you want a quiet, nice area, but within easy driving distance of restaurants, etc, you might consider Oro Valley. There are apartments right across the street from Pusch Ridge, and just 5 minutes from Catalina State Park (if you're into hiking). Lots of convenient shopping both here in Oro Valley, and within 20 to 30 minutes in Tucson.

Here's a place that might just fit the bill for you:

Apartments for Rent in Tucson Arizona - Availability - Rock Ridge
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson