U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-22-2009, 06:28 PM

3,162 posts, read 9,109,684 times

Advertisements

I'm contemplating selling my place in LA and moving to Arizona. I've had enough of LA, but thats another story for another day.

Long story short - where is the best place to rent a 1 bedroom apartment? I don't need anything extremly nice, but a good area is welcomed. Also, what are the typical rent brackets in these areas?

I know this is a broad question ... any help is appreciated.

Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2009, 08:38 PM

9,507 posts, read 28,352,531 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1200RT View Post
I'm contemplating selling my place in LA and moving to Arizona. I've had enough of LA, but thats another story for another day.

Long story short - where is the best place to rent a 1 bedroom apartment? I don't need anything extremly nice, but a good area is welcomed. Also, what are the typical rent brackets in these areas?

Tough question, 1200RT.

Will you be employed here? If yes, where? Bottom line, commuting in Tucson can be a booger so living reasonably close to work is important.

In response to "how much" . . . I've seen Rent Special Banners at a number of large complexes in relatively safe neighborhoods for as little as $500 a month and I know of some two bedroom condos for about $800.

I sure hope this helps a little.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:47 PM

I'm a small business owner, and i have the ability to move my 50 year old business out of CA (for tax reasons ..... don't get me started). I plan on renting for a year or so while looking for a house.

I would settle for $800 for a one bedroom ... thats unheard of in Los Angeles, even in an iffy area.

Old 10-22-2009, 08:48 PM

68 posts, read 190,043 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bummer View Post
Tough question, 1200RT.

Will you be employed here? If yes, where? Bottom line, commuting in Tucson can be a booger so living reasonably close to work is important.

In response to "how much" . . . I've seen Rent Special Banners at a number of large complexes in relatively safe neighborhoods for as little as $500 a month and I know of some two bedroom condos for about $800.

I sure hope this helps a little.
1200RT,

Bummer is correct we would need more info on where you are planning to work. You could live 5 miles from work and depending on what time of day or which area, it could take you 25 minutes to get to work. You have some great places to live with wonderful views more north in the Foothills area. Your hobbies will be a help a lot; are you an outdoor person or someone you wants to be more inner city. Please give me as much info as possible and I can recommend some places for you. Anything to help a new Tucsonian to be.

Thanks
Michael

Old 10-22-2009, 08:51 PM

68 posts, read 190,043 times
Quote:
I'm a small business owner, and i have the ability to move my 50 year old business out of CA (for tax reasons ..... don't get me started). I plan on renting for a year or so while looking for a house.

I would settle for $800 for a one bedroom ... thats unheard of in Los Angeles, even in an iffy area.

You can try the apartments on the 9600 block of Tanque Verde, a friend lives there in a one bedroom and he likes it a lot, and they go for about 700-800 a month.

Also there are very nice places on Sabino Canyon and Snyder, one is called Pinnacle Heights. I lived there myself about 4 years ago and I was very pleased.

Good luck,
Michael

Old 10-22-2009, 09:28 PM

63 posts, read 215,705 times
Quote:

Check out Puesta del Sol apartments at Silvebell and Grant. One bed, one bath is going for $450 and some change (a little cheaper than the City of Angels). Half a mile from I-10! It seems like a decent area on the Southwest side. I noticed a lot of apartment complexes in Tucson are running specials where you can get one month free when you move in. PM me if you want some more details.

Welcome, and bring some more hot California girls with you!

Old 10-22-2009, 09:42 PM

9,507 posts, read 28,352,531 times
Quote:

Do you prefer a large apartment complex or a smaller more private arrangement? For about 800 bucks a month you should be able to find a very convenient two bedroom two bath condo or apartment close to River Road.

Another point to consider . . . generally speaking, complexes close to the University attract students which translates to more noise and parking problems.

Bottom line . . . a decent and safe apartment for 800 bucks should not be a problem.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:23 PM

Thanks for all the input, guys.

Here is the basic situation. In 2010, I plan to move my business to AZ. In the mean time, I can work remotely (from anywhere in the country, really). I have a great staff, who basically run it without me. I’m planning to move to AZ (Tucson, Phoenix, maybe Northern AZ?) soon to find new office space, etc. Commuting will be less of an issue, because I will be able to do this searching on my own time, off peak hours.

Old 10-23-2009, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TAGS70 View Post
Your hobbies will be a help a lot; are you an outdoor person or someone you wants to be more inner city.
A little of both, I guess. My biggest thing is peace and quiet - i'm tired of how many people there are in LA. I'm looking for somewhere with light traffic, and not extremly busy.

Old 10-23-2009, 04:12 PM

42,835 posts, read 82,137,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Kurgan View Post
Check out Puesta del Sol apartments at Silvebell and Grant. One bed, one bath is going for $450 and some change (a little cheaper than the City of Angels). Half a mile from I-10! It seems like a decent area on the Southwest side.
Moderator cut: rude He said he could easily afford to spend $800 even on a 1-BR, which would buy him a great 1-BR in the best areas. There's nothing decent about Silverbell & Grant. It's not absolutely horrible, but certainly nothing worth recommending.

Last edited by SouthernBelleInUtah; 10-23-2009 at 11:53 PM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson