Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 11-11-2009, 10:27 AM

19 posts, read 171,250 times

Advertisements

Hi:
I'm planning to relocate in early December. I'm looking for a car insurance agency. Any recommendations in the Tuscon area?

Second, I need to rent a car for a month while I'm out there finding a place to live and running down employment. The rental place (Budget) wants $25/day for just stolen vehicle and damage. I don't currently have a vehicle but will be purchasing one right after the first of the year in my home state. Do you know if an insurance agency will sell you car rental insurance only? Or any other suggestions anyone has would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-14-2009, 02:23 AM

19 posts, read 171,250 times
Hi everyone: I finally found myself in a unique situation! I'm just returning from living and working in Europe so I don't currently own a vehicle. I want to rent a vehicle for about a month but didn't want to pay the price of their insurance which is $25/day just for collision and vehicle damage! I did receive one response from the forum (offline) so thank you for that...but I have confirmed that this sort of coverage doesn't seem to currently exist with a company such as AllState or Farmers or any of the big insurers. I'm currently trying to find another way to get around or maybe just rent for less time. Just thought I'd let you know in case anyone else runs into this situation. (Hopefully you won't!)

Old 11-14-2009, 02:45 AM

135 posts, read 541,054 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kim Kloes View Post
Hi:
I'm planning to relocate in early December. I'm looking for a car insurance agency. Any recommendations in the Tuscon area?

Second, I need to rent a car for a month while I'm out there finding a place to live and running down employment. The rental place (Budget) wants $25/day for just stolen vehicle and damage. I don't currently have a vehicle but will be purchasing one right after the first of the year in my home state. Do you know if an insurance agency will sell you car rental insurance only? Or any other suggestions anyone has would be appreciated.

Thank you in advance.
Can't help you much with 'rental' insurance, but can make a few suggestions that might help you out.

Think about buying 'non owners' policy on your dirvers license, it will cover you in the event of....

If you haven't had insurance in the last six months, you will find it pricey anywhere you look. After you have had a policy for six months, you're rates will come down baring accidents or incidents. Then you can shop better rates.

Suggestion, you wait to buy until after you relocate...depending on make/model, year, etc. You might find transferring from another state to Az pricey when you register it here.

Also, as soon as you get here, go to MVD (or one of many 'third party' offices) and transfer your out of state license to AZ, you will have less dificulty landing a job if you have an AZ license. Don't ask me why, I'm not sure, and perhaps it's because there is a 30 day transfer period to change license over to AZ from out of state....it establishes residency, I think. And you have to have an AZ license to register children in the schools here. Don't know that that criteria applies to you or not, but thought I'd mention it.

Hope this helps.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson