Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson
 [Register]
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Closed Thread Start New Thread

Old 12-05-2009, 09:11 PM

9,601 posts, read 31,698,363 times

Advertisements

Thank you, Grannysroost.

Old 12-05-2009, 11:16 PM

100 posts, read 328,731 times
Marcy - I am very sorry for your loss. I am also sorry if my comments upset you. If Grannysroost is correct, it sounds like you are in a tough situation. I'm sorry to have judged you so harshly.

Since I have become a volunteer, I have heard every excuse in the book for beloved pets being dropped off at the shelter. I find it hard to feel sorry for most people anymore. The times that someone has a really valid reason for abandoning their pet are few and far between. The staff and volunteers work so hard to get pets adopted. We often get dogs that have never been socialized and therefore are very shy and scared. They are really hard to adopt out. A few end up getting euthanized. It is heartbreaking. All they need is a loving home and time. Same thing with the cats. And so on...

This is why I'm so quick to judge sometimes. I've seen and heard it all.

Old 12-06-2009, 11:04 AM

I fully understand and sympathize with you, M.A.

Although I have considered volunteering many times, I have never worked in an Animal Shelter, however, I have seen enough arrogance towards animals in the real world to make me sick.

As you have posted, extenuating circumstances do exist but most cases are nothing but pure stupidity and a total disregard for animals.

MY TWO CENTS WORTH

Old 12-06-2009, 12:48 PM

20 posts, read 38,466 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by RGBvsCMYK View Post
I am looking for a free kitten I live in the Rita Ranch area. I used to have a dog but when my wife left me she took the kid, and my dog.. so now I have nothing..

so yeah if you know of any or have seen some free kittens let me know. thanks
I have 3 semi domestic kittens, 2 months old, two orange, one Calico. But we live in Three Points and you would have to persuade them to go with you. The mother lives on the premises.

Old 12-07-2009, 03:01 PM

15,129 posts, read 32,322,556 times
Well, maybe the son is old enough to get a job and his own place, then he could have the cats there. That would take care of the problem of the cats going to the shelter. I would try to get them adopted first, before turning them in, though.

Old 12-12-2009, 09:27 AM

16 posts, read 81,517 times
Default Dog fighting

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just me in Oro Valley View Post
That stupid adoption fee helps prevent stupid people from adopting pets.
Amen. If you can't afford the adoption fee, you can't afford to have a pet.

Also, there are people out there that advertise asking for free kittens or puppies as pets that actually want to use them as bait for dog fighting. Perhaps the original poster is just such a person.

Old 12-12-2009, 10:10 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mswagner222 View Post
Amen. If you can't afford the adoption fee, you can't afford to have a pet.

Also, there are people out there that advertise asking for free kittens or puppies as pets that actually want to use them as bait for dog fighting. Perhaps the original poster is just such a person.
Interesting theory, mswagner.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:37 PM

A of free kittens and puppies end up in labs.

Old 12-12-2009, 12:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grannysroost View Post
The person in question with the cats has been moving between CO and AZ...Her husband just recently died and they had a son living in CO with the cats (his).... Husband and wife bought the condo in AZ with their 2 dogs...limit... Needless to say the hubby died, wife cannot afford 2 locations and son is moving to AZ (cat owner).... thus cats need to go....who would chastise a new widow for her son's cats...she is only doing what she needs to ...to move on with her life... Marcy, hope I have this right, but cannot stand to see them putting you down with all you have been through and going through now...
Put the condo up for sale, and find another place to live that will allow all your pets.

Old 12-12-2009, 02:26 PM

16 posts, read 81,517 times
Default Agree

Quote:
Originally Posted by moved View Post
A of free kittens and puppies end up in labs.
This is absolutely true also.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Closed Thread

Settings
X
Data:
Loading data...
Based on 2000-2020 data
Loading data...

Hide US histogram

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > Arizona > Tucson